• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Worn out 6.5creed w/rl16 & 150smk

Damn Creedmoor

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2018
Try to keep short! Got a Krieger 8twist that has a standard saami chamber. Been abused absurdly! 26" pipe has seen varget, h4350, imr8208, rl26, aa4350, imr4350, h4831sc & rl16. Also seen 130ar hyb, 135classic, 140hyb, 140amax, 140eld,142smk, 143eldx, 147eldx & 150smk. Long & short is the throat is toasted! But I found a ( single ) load that does really well! lapua brass, cci#41 primers, rl16 & 150smk.. My MV is hovering round 2825 & ES has played out @ sub 20

I can't believe it either but its definitely doing it! Pretty sure I couldn't get away with it in horn brass!?

I truly think the ONLY reasons im getting away w/ it is the throat is wayyyyy long & the lap brass takes the brunt!!?

I had bout 27-30rds of development & have sent bout 45-50rds @ various times, in vastly different conditions & @ ranges from 100 to 1030yds.. Dope plays out & G1 in AB plays out @ .698

Reactions: EscapeVelocity
I truly think the ONLY reasons im getting away w/ it is the throat is wayyyyy long & the lap brass takes the brunt!!?
You're being told you are over pressure by the H4350 crowd. What is your charge and COAL? Lapua brass does not cough up pressure indicators like other brass, monitor your primer pockets with a decapping die.

You're being told you are over pressure by the H4350 crowd. What is your charge and COAL? Lapua brass does not cough up pressure indicators like other brass, monitor your primer pockets with a decapping die.

If creed srp brass acts like 308 palma brass, you just about can't hurt it. I run 45gr of Varget behind a 215 hybrid in my 308 and have 9 firings on my brass. That would loosen a large pocket up on the first firing.

Yea.. This brass had 3 firings on it w/ H4350, 135classic & cci#41 ( and stout loads ) before I started on the 150smk/rl16 load! Good brass, no doubt!!

I feel hesitant to list my charge for fear of someone with a fresher/tighter barrel going for gusto!! But my OAL is 3.024-3.031.. I'll post ogive measure when I get home! This seat length has me jumping .070" to touch length

I feel hesitant to list my charge for fear of someone with a fresher/tighter barrel going for gusto!! But my OAL is 3.024-3.031.. I'll post ogive measure when I get home! This seat length has me jumping .070" to touch length
I was just going to crunch numbers in QL for you is all, no worries.