• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos worn out barrel

Re: worn out barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifling is way over-rated anyway. </div></div>

Smooth bore is how everyone gets such high accuracy anyways!
wink.gif

SS

Just proves concentricity is a joke, and the pitch and yaw of the bullet means nothing when the bullet engages the lands. …LOL

Riflings are very over rated just as was already stated. This must be the new lightly rifled uber match barrel that is taking the accuracy world by storm.

All that friction from the rifling just slows the bullet down. Now that you got away from all those unnecessary lands and grooves. You can really develop a hot load...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rifleman1981</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, you cut up a good barrel just as it was getting broken in</div></div>

what do you mean, I'd still shoot it

I think you took barrel lapping to another level with that one!

So that's how it look after the break in process?
just kidding
grin.gif

How about rerifling and going up in caliber-lol- WoW - slick- Yes, Drill SGT I polished everything!!

nar had some trubble finding some projectiles long enough for that
smile.gif

Who was the manufacture of the barrel? It was asked but not answered, how many rounds did you put through the pipe?

was made by madco and had fired about 6000 rounds as stated in the post in the description
smile.gif

Well, you'd be doing good to get 1500 rounds out of any barrel chambered in .22-250 IMP, let alone 6k.

That caliber, pushing the 90 grain berger, in a 1-7 twist, would be something I'd love to see.
Even just a plain ole' 22-250, and that combo would likely extend barrel life to something a little more reasonable.

the load i was useing when that barrel was in use was 50gr tipan hollow points with 40gr of ADIs AR2208 (1gr over there listed max) that where cronyd at abit over 4000 fps.
for some resion it will only get tight groups when going a about its max speed. i went to the 22-250AI over the 22-250 to stop the brass flowing as much, that worked nicely but the barrels paid the price its on its 4th one now.