• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Worth a Damn? 175GR FMJ BT

kmc0929

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
North Carolina
photodko.jpg

Re: Worth a Damn? 175GR FMJ BT

I have never did any of the loaded ammo but I shoot a lot of those bullets. It is about a 1moa bullet. I was playing around one night while watching TV. I sorted the bullets and now I get .5 to .75 moa out of it. The sorting rounded out the groups and stopped the fliers. I like using it on steel. It is not as good as it could be but it could be worse.

I am sitting on 100rds of newer production of the exact same ammo. It all looks good, and AIM surplus has it for $11.95/box. They are great to deal with.

Won't be able to let you know how it does until after christmas though.

I've shot enough of their 168gr "match" loads to know they give 1 to 1 1/2 MOA in my rifle. Not the greatest, but good enough for fun shooting.

I've used the 175gr and the 168gr and have had great results with them. I shoot mainly steel so I can't tell you how accurate of a grouping I've had, but I shoot from 100-600 yards and its pretty accurate. I've had a few fliers here and there but for the price it's a pretty great round compared to PMC .308 and Federal American Eagle . 308 which are around the same price range.