• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes WOTAC 12x44

McLarenross

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2009
Jacksonville NC
www.diamondxcustom.com
Just received one of the new WOTAC 12x44 scopes. So far I like it. I havent mounted it yet but I played with the adjustments and looked through it. I like the reticle a lot. My scope has 19.5 mils of vertical adjustment and 19.8 mils of windage. Clicks were mushy when I got it but I took the caps off and cleaned out the grease in there and they are now firm crisp and click loudly. I really like the red and white markings on the windage. I dont dial for wind but It looks neat. LOL. Pics to come.

100_9476.jpg

100_9477.jpg

100_9479.jpg

100_9481.jpg

100_9483.jpg

Got it mounted and shot it this after noon. I really like it. I could see bullet impacts at 750 that my friend couldnt see with my Simmons 20-60 spotting scope. I had good image clarity and definition and he just saw a spot in the distance. After bore sight it took me one shot to see actual impact and then one more shot to zero the gun at 100 using the Mil reticle and Mil adjustments. At my 100 yard zero I have exactly 1 mill of down elevation left in the scope! Thats 18.5 Mils of usable adjustment!!! And it kinda works like a defacto zero stop. I cant miss my zero cause there isnt another "0" past mine. Took a few pics but not many.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

downsized_0521001836a.jpg

downsized_0521001836b.jpg

downsized_0521001837.jpg

Re: WOTAC 12x44

Thanks for the pics and comments.

Can you tell me if the scope focuses down to 10Y? Cause I'm looking for a inexpensive Hunter Field Target scope that's mil/mil.

Steve

After putting 130 rounds through this scope over the weekend from 100 to 800 yards I really like it. It tracked and returned to zero perfectly every time. After getting my dopes, I rolled it back down to the 100 yard zero and set back up at 100 and it shot back right on. I then walked out to 600 and turned it up to my dope and set up and put three rounds exactly on point of aim. I really like the reticle, with its 0.5 mil lines. They are fine enough that they can be used as cross hairs just like the main one. I wish the vertical down line had mil marks all the way to the edge of the scope though. It only goes down to 5 mils but there is at least that much more space under that.

I really like my WOTAC's of which I have 3. I have the 4 x 14 x 50 models and like you already said they work great track well and return to zero every time. As my other scopes meet their maker I will replace them with the WOTAC.

Just back out the set screws like you would to reset the knobs to zero then lift them off the erector and clean out the grease.

Kinda an update to this scope, I shot a match with the scope over the weekend and it functioned well enough to get me 3rd place. I had no problems with it what so ever. Very very please with the scope.