• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Wotac gen 5 4-14X50 or SS 10X42

generalzip

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Jun 30, 2010
    Houston, tx
    So I have an order in for a SWFA SS 10X42 but its been backordered with no estimate on when it arrives. I'd like to have a scope for my rifle next weekend. I've heard mixed feelings about the 4-14X50 wotac, but it looks promising. I read a lot about gen 2-4 wotac's, but does anyone have any experience with the gen 5? How does this scope track compared to the SS? I also like the idea of variable power on the wotac and the larger 50mm bell will still fit with burris XTR low's. Thanks in advance

Re: Wotac gen 5 4-14X50 or SS 10X42

Watch the classifieds for a 10x SS, they pop up all the time. However, they do usually sell fast as well, so you got to be quick on the click. 10x SS is tried and true, the WOTAC not so much.

I have 2 of the Gen 5's and a Gen 4 for me they work great. All 3 hold zero for the box test they where all close enough for most government work. If you are a real world operator and you need to be not 1/4 " on the money but .001 on the money then you probably be disappointed. The Gen 5's glass is clear, turrets match reticle, you have 80 MOA's of adjustment up for the money you can't beat them one of the new features on the 5 are on the windage turret it's now white on one side red on the other why so you are sure of which way to turn it. I like them and a friend has 2 a Gen 4 and a 5 thinks there great and will probably place an order for several more in the next few days. So it's your money do what you want but like I stated don't think you will be unhappy with them.

I ordered the Wotac 4-14X50 with a EGW HD 30 moa mount, and burris XTR med rings. The Butler Creek cap sizes are 17 eye and 43 OBJ according to Matt.

Btw this is all going on a SPS varmint with OD AICS 1.5. Can't wait for it all to be here in a week or two. I'll post pics once its all together and try to do a review of the Gen 5 Wotac