• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would like some input please on RCBS Matchmaster dies.

E_T_G

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I tried to order the RCBS MatchMaster – Neck Size Bushing Die Set. They were out of that die set in 308 and said they should be in the middle of September. When I went back to check they indeed were out of stock. I also saw a full length die set - MatchMaster – Full Length Bushing Die Set. My intention was to neck size but could you use this set to neck size and also bump the shoulder. It seems like a more universal tool. What am I missing here. This will be for 308 and possibly 300 Win Mag.
Thanks,
E+T+G

1. RSCBS make okay dies but Whidden, and Redding are more popular, and my suggestion. They are also in stock.

2. Full Size Die. The headspace will grow out on these and you will only be able to neck die 1-3 times before the cases will not chamber you need to full size die.

I have a set of RCBS plain Janes, a set of Redding deluxe (dond't really care for them) The RCBS Charge Master RCSS seem to get good reviews. I've always full sized but do have issues with case separation after a whils

1. RSCBS make okay dies but Whidden, and Redding are more popular, and my suggestion. They are also in stock.

2. Full Size Die. The headspace will grow out on these and you will only be able to neck die 1-3 times before the cases will not chamber you need to full size die.
They may be more popular but rcbs matchmasters and the older gold medal dies are superior to redding. Widen is a toss up.

RCBS matchmaster die sets are hands down the best value on the market. If you are mil/leo, they are 75 bucks for a set of FL bushing size die and a micrometer seater.

I prefer wilson sizers but nothing wrong with rcbs , they make very accurate ammo without the shitty machining like redding has. After getting 2 cases stuck and destroying 2 redding dies, switch to Wilson and rcbs and not a problem in 3 years of heavy match use.

Are you sure that the shoulder bump is not too much-like over 4 thou?
3-5k is fine. It's 10k+ that will cause issues. You will notice when you trim after the first 2 firings if you have excessive bump.
4-5k bump is actually better to ensure proper chambering in poor conditions and dirty guns.