• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would you shoot Sasquatch?

I'm really not a good hunter. But I am very good at tracking and following bigfoots.
I've seen a few. After I see them I follow them a while. They will kill wild hogs and try to hide them to eat later.
I wait till they leave and then take pictures of the pigs and post them here and pretend I shot them myself.

"If the Commission does not specifically list an indigenous, nongame species, then the species is considered nonprotected nongame wildlife," David Sinclair, direction of the law enforcement division at Texas Parks and Wildlife, wrote in an email response to a curious Bigfoot believer. "A nonprotected nongame animal may be hunted on private property with landowner consent by any means, at any time and there is no bag limit or possession limit."

"So, it is the case all individuals of an unknown species … could be exterminated without criminal or civil repercussions — essentially causing extinction?" Sharf said he replied to Sinclair. At Cryptomundo, a popular "cryptozoology" discussion forum and blog, Bigfoot believers are forming a plan of action to deal with what they see as the potentially disastrous outcome of this loophole in the Texas hunting laws, which would allow Bigfoot to be hunted to extinction before a living specimen could be studied.

The wildlife belongs to the state. Their rules state that only animals designated in the hunting season are legal to kill. Therefore you can be charged for killing something that is not on the list to legally kill/harvest.
I guess the interpretation of the rules depends upon the state.

In Texas, if it is not specifically listed as protected then it is not protected. TPWD has issued a determination that Bigfoot, amd other “cryptids” are not protected and legal to harvest at any time, by any legal means.

I read that years ago, Colorado was issuing citations to drivers that hit wildlife (elk, mule deer, etc) on the highway- under the pretext that they were a state owned resource. That, apparently, stopped when the state was sued by a motorist when one of their resources jumped in front of his vehicle…

I’d shoot Sasquatch with a camera.....
but not a rifle.

Why would anybody want to ruin the record of the greatest “Hide & Seek” champion of the world?
Technically almost correct except the record from 1939 through 1945 was held by Anne Frank

The wildlife belongs to the state. Their rules state that only animals designated in the hunting season are legal to kill. Therefore you can be charged for killing something that is not on the list to legally kill/harvest.
I think that depends upon your state.

1634499965232.png

Not far from me there was a boot and shoot operation that you could pay to shoot/hunt all kinds of exotics. During a storm the fencing was taken down by some trees. Some red deer escaped the enclosure and the TN wildlife prohibited shooting them. Now there's a large herd of them living in the area. That and the rules for shooting wild hogs are near impossible to follow. No hunting thirty minutes after sunset and even coyote hunting has to be done with the weapon of the season.
I guess the interpretation of the rules depends upon the state.

In Texas, if it is not specifically listed as protected then it is not protected. TPWD has issued a determination that Bigfoot, amd other “cryptids” are not protected and legal to harvest at any time, by any legal means.

I read that years ago, Colorado was issuing citations to drivers that hit wildlife (elk, mule deer, etc) on the highway- under the pretext that they were a state owned resource. That, apparently, stopped when the state was sued by a motorist when one of their resources jumped in front of his vehicle…

I think that depends upon your state.
I'd say that getting a straight answer from them on whether it's legal or not would be a coin toss.

If you were on a hunt, and stalked in on a Sasquatch/Yowie/Yeti/Cryptic, would you shoot it?
I would.
Physical evidence, and Cryptids aren't protected... theoretically they don't exist.
The reason I ask is because of all the hunters out there, shouldn't at least one have been taken by now if they existed?.
View attachment 7722585

Fuck yeah I'd plug him. I wonder what the fine is for shooting a Sasquatch out of season.

Reactions: Docsherm
If he / she were not armed......no.
If yes, with a 9mm, no. No threat.
If yes, with a .45, absolutely. Threatening for sure.
Everyone knows .22lr is the deadliest round ever.
ECA00D80-D6BF-468F-BBBA-43AE71CEEBA1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10ring'r
One would have to assume that there is female Sasquatch, question is if you were in the woods would you bang one?
I can't believe it took seven posts for us to go there.. Fuckin guys are slackin

• Haha
Reactions: The D and candyx
I would shoot Sasquatch.
With my 50 from as far away as I could make the shot from.

Well if you kill him that's just another vote for Biden in 2024

Attachments

• 890C3E94-358D-40B4-B612-E24B1641833C.jpeg
    890C3E94-358D-40B4-B612-E24B1641833C.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 33