• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would you?

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
Looking for a budget (aka cheap) spotting scope to help spot my 17hmr and 22lr groups at 100 yards and maybe targets out to 1000 yards.

Found THIS website selling older Redfield Rampage 20-60. To me, even thought this is an older/budget spotting scope this is a good deal to me, but is it to good of a deal. The retail on these used to be $300+.

Have any of you bought from this site before?

I've had 4 Redfield scopes and I like their glass but a 3-9x glass quality is nothing compared to a 20-60x

My second choice would be the Leupold

I had the 60mm straight eyepiece variant for awhile. No problem seeing holes at 100yds or spotting trace/impacts out to 1,000yds on steel.

paid $250 at basspro about 3 yrs ago, sold it this spring for $125

The Vortex Diamondbacks are pretty cheap and work fine for looking at 100 yard groups.

Looking for a budget (aka cheap) spotting scope to help spot my 17hmr and 22lr groups at 100 yards and maybe targets out to 1000 yards.

Found THIS website selling older Redfield Rampage 20-60. To me, even thought this is an older/budget spotting scope this is a good deal to me, but is it to good of a deal. The retail on these used to be $300+.

Have any of you bought from this site before?

I've had 4 Redfield scopes and I like their glass but a 3-9x glass quality is nothing compared to a 20-60x

My second choice would be the Leupold

nope. i’d buy from doug....as his reputation is stellar and you KNOW his reliability AND that should there be an issue, he’ll be there to help. i like saving a buck as much as the next guy......but i dont like waiving my dick above the chopping block, either. in this day and age of scams and identity theft, i dont like taking chances.

Reactions: CarbonMTN