• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wrestling eliminated from Olympics

Hueyguy

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2012
Out West
This is just freaking pathetic. One of the only sports originally practiced by the Greeks, is going to be removed from the Games, but some of the silliest activities loosely referred to as sports will remain. Fill in your favorite target here- mine is rythmic gymnastics.

Re: Wrestling eliminated from Olympics

Too bad the Greeks didn't invent midget tossing?

I was going to say:

1) Badminton
1A) Ping Pong

But there is a "sport" called Dressage where a dude in a tux rides around on a horse and the winner (I believe) is the one the judges say looks the best. If that's not a worthy Olympic sport, I don't know what is!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKLFG4dt2ZE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKLFG4dt2ZE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to say:

1) Badminton
1A) Ping Pong

But there is a "sport" called Dressage where a dude in a tux rides around on a horse and the winner (I believe) is the one the judges say looks the best. If that's not a worthy Olympic sport, I don't know what is! </div></div>

^^^^^
This!

I love that sport. pure sport. if i could make one mistake as a dad, it would be to be too insistent that my sons wrestle (if i ever have any). what a day

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What!! No more burly men in singlets.</div></div>
It's ok for you to like the sight of burly men in singlets, but you should check out the Hot Girlfriends thread, maybe post your faves up there. There may be some men for you there, too.
I never understood the mentality of anti-wrestling, other than the general fear we instilled in those whose paths we crossed. You can laugh at the uni's, but please keep it online because doing so in front of someone with a background of superior fitness and years of intense hand to hand combat training is not advisable, especially when that person is making weight. The only plausible reason for your sentiment is that you make yourself feel better by lowering somebody else. Why don't you do the work to raise yourself? Cuz o' the work. It's easier to belittle than to work to improve yourself.
That which you do not understand, you seek to destroy.
I'm not like you. I don't want to be like you, dress like you, exist like you, definitely not train like you.
It is this fear that in more ways than I have space to allude, have placed wrestling on the removal list.
So you are a cop, and a CWO. You have engaged in some form of hand to hand combat skill improvement training at many times in your life. Wanna know where those skills were developed/passed on? Wrestling, karate,judo, etc. You have benefitted from our sports, please do the work to make yourself feel better. Then send a message to the IOC, or donate some $$ to the campaign run by Dan Gable, to get it back. It's been a bigger part of your survival than you think, including our cute little outfits.
Lend your signature here:
http://letskeepwrestling.com/

Gotcha.
Been defending it for a long time, just saw yours and went on auto-pilot. Sometimes the response intensity doesn't match the input intesity, hard to tell in typed words.
So...Lighten up, completed.Good day-
Huey

Last I heard, it was being traded for golf.... I like golf, but it has absolutely no place in The Olympics. Especially not at the expense of extreme cuddling! That one is for you Huey!
laugh.gif

I cant understand this decision. I understand wrestling is no where near as popular as football or basketball but it is as pure and hard nosed as it gets. I miss my wrestling days all the time. I dont miss cutting weight though!

This is just freaking pathetic. One of the only sports originally practiced by the Greeks, is going to be removed from the Games, but some of the silliest activities loosely referred to as sports will remain. Fill in your favorite target here- mine is rythmic gymnastics.

Gotta have room for men's synchronized swimming.

Don't get me started on that one. Kids are jacked up all over the place now because of that; our entitlement society has eliminated the necessity for hard work when you're getting the same as everybody else with no effort.
I guess i got started, but...

I lived for Women's Volleyball in the Olympics...until they started talking about appropriate uniforms. B.S!

Begin Olympic photos of women's volleyball.... ;)

Removing wrestling from Olympic competition is completely outrageous. It is one of the few original time honored sports from the original Greek games. Even more ridiculous when they bring on new events like BMX bikes, dancing with twirly stick ribbon things, and golf. I'm not against those sports and more power to those that are good at them. However, the Olympics represent a traditional sense of competition with traditional events that have endured for a very long time. I would add skateboarding to the bizarre sports now in the Olympics too. Now if they would do nude women's ping pong I might change my mind.

I lived for Women's Volleyball in the Olympics...until they started talking about appropriate uniforms. B.S!

Begin Olympic photos of women's volleyball.... ;)

Women's beach volleyball

Its so happening.

I hope my son will get into wrestling like I did. The public school systems at least do one thing correct, that's teaching you a form of fighting/self defense.
Granted its tamed down to be used in sporting events but later in life you will be able to adapt what you already know for a fight if need be.
I've got a couple friend who were never in wrestling and they are like a fish out of water as soon as they are off their feet.

Guys, please don't jack this thread for voll... Wait, what? Women's volleyball pics, women's nude ping pong.. I'm liking where you're taking this, but (in the interest of scientific study only) we will need some photos. Please provide for relevant discussion of Olympic...sport.