• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB WTB: 20" .223 AR Bull Barrel

Wanting To Buy

11aaguilar

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2017
Alaska
Looking to purchase a 20" AR15 bull barrel chambered in .223 Wylde or something similar. I'm looking for a heavy af profile, as close to 1" as I can. Something like Compass Lake's varmint profile with a .936" gas block and .925" muzzle will work. Rifle length gas system and threaded muzzle. Don't care if it's used, stainless, chromemoly, etc., just something that works and isn't shot out.

I have two white oak armament 20 inch national match barrels for sale. Search my username or send me a PM for details

I have one of these from the factory, and another I built from the factory Kit. It loves 75-77gr ammunition. For the price listed, (under $1K) you can have the entire rifle. I liked mine so much, I got 2.

898559001254__26290.1575694215.jpg

Barrel only.

So, save up your pennies and get a good 'un, new from the factory, warranties and everything. My 20 y/o Granddaughter shot mine in the Western MR Nationals at 600yd and did OK for a new shooter in their first match of any kind.

My limited experience suggests the 223/5.56 sweet spots are at 16", 20," and 24" lengths. My only mods are Luth AR Chubby Grips and Bolt Release Extensions.

Now I appreciate that my suggestions (20", threaded...) don't precisely jibe with your requests. But I've been shooting one of these since about 2002, and the other since about 2018, and they perform with ease and grace, delivering better performance than most of the marksmen I've had behind the scopes on them.

Greg

Last edited:
Hey, I appreciate all the info. I ended up picking up one of the White Oak Armament barrels so am good for now. Thanks for the recommendations.