• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment WTB 300 WSM Small Base Sizing Die

I had the same need. Wanted to try and cure my clickers, found out RCBS used to make a small base die, but they discontinued it. Somebody suggested the Redding shoulder bump die, got one, but it sized the base of the case even less than the Hornady “custom grade” FL die (NOT a custom die).

Sent the Redding die off to Porter Precision Products in Lake Jackson Tx, and Kenny Porter converted it into a small base die that reduces the case diameter at the 0.200” line by another 1.5 thou (in addition to the sizing done by the Hornady FL die).

The neck and shoulder area was bored out, so it does not touch the shoulder or the neck, and the die was shortened to increase the amount of sizing, so only the case taper was retained. I now get the web area reduced (in total) by just under 3 thou in total, in two sizing steps.

Will see if that cures the clickers. It is 16x fired ADG brass in a tight chamber, and the brass is getting close to end of life. Not ADG’s fault that i get clickers in a tight chamber with fairly stiff loads.

Btw: A slightly larger chamber would be the best permanent solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: babayaga2440

This is what you need. Expensive but sweet. In stock too. Took me 3 months to get mine earlier this year.

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into it. How much does your Micro die reduce the case diameter at the 200 line (0.2” from the case head), compared to other dies you have?

Trying to figure out how much smaller it will size the case head…

Haven't used it yet (as my build is not completed) and haven't reloaded 300 WSM in a few years. I purchased the die on a recommendation from someone that it would size appropriately compared to the standard dies.