• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTB 329pd or 10mm Glock

freediver474

Minuteman
Mar 1, 2013
Idaho
7EE84AE1-28F6-4A72-B159-996E8290E990.jpeg
Looking for something to pack for hunting in bear country. Either a Glock 20, 40 or a sw 329pd would fit the bill.

I daily carry a 340pd that little sucker is brutal as well. I love the scandium guns but the arnt much fun to shoot.

Reactions: shoot4fun
Glock 20 is the answer for backcountry adventures. Superior capacity and ballistics on a familiar and reliable platform.

Acquire a bino harness that has a holster system for a chest rig and you're in business. Highly recommend FHF

Last edited:
Reactions: freediver474
I have a Eberlestock nosegunner that I would put it in. I carried a sw 681 3” 357 last year but it’s a bit heavy to carry all week. The Glock would be lighter

@freediver474 - while I do not agree with
All advice offered here, the G20 would my choice of the 2.

Have shot both. Full house loads in the 44 just suck.
And I have shot a cylinder of full power rds in short time from a 475 Linebaugh. It wasnt as bad as the light 44 IMO.

Reactions: freediver474
@powdahound76 I’ll be got a 500sw also but I love that thing I’ll put 75+ rounds through it every time I go to the range. I’ll prefer to shoot that over my little 340pd lol

Yep.
With a little practice, putting a lot of lead into a decent group at very high speed is possible with the G20.

I run a G21 with a 460 Rowland conversion. A little more power than the 10mm with 200 gr bullets at nearly 1500 fps.
I practice with .45 handloads and a standard 45 spring weight most of the time as its different than my 19 I carry.

I would probably go 10mm for CO only, where I live, and wanted the extra for AK fishing trips with my kiddo.

I have a 329PD and a 8" s&w 500. The recoil is very similar. The 329 jumps up quite a bit more whereas the 500 is straight back, but they are both brutal. I bought my 329 for hiking in bear country. It took a couple hundred rounds to get proficient with it. It is not like shooting a glock, but it does have more power than the 10mm if you are willing to put in the time to get decent with it. Personally, I'll keep my 329PD as opposed to a 10mm.

I have an 8” 500 as well and I love that gun I’ve put hundreds of rounds through mine it’s a ton of fun to shoot