• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB: a&d 120i auto trickler setup

Covertnoob5

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    SoCal
    Hey guys looking for an autotrickler setup of anyone has an extra. Apparently Cambridge doesn't ship to California. Thanks!

Hey guys looking for an autotrickler setup of anyone has an extra. Apparently Cambridge doesn't ship to California. Thanks!

I contacted them directly about not shipping to cali. They said it's because they have to register to provide sales tax to the state of kommiefornia, which is surprising because Cambridge is in Canada and you'll have to pay import/duty fees.

Have been in contact with CE in Canada. Asked about their free shipping and they said there were no additional customs/import fees for shipping into the US. Gave very detailed responses to a few questions I asked them. Will be buying a full setup soon.

I’d like to find a used one too, but people don’t seem to be selling them. Maybe the next greatest thing was released at SHOT and a few will pop up for sale. Yeah right!!!

Hello Everyone
    We are running a special $50.00 off of Trickler packages (we Tried to get last years rebate again, but that will never happen again) , Autotrickler / Autothrower Packages and Autotrickler and Autothrower with Area 419 Packages
    and for just the FX-120i scales if you use Discount code Cambridge at check out you will receive $295.50 off. Please let your friends know!!

BEST DEAL ONLINE ANYWHERE

https://ce-products.myshopify.com/

Reactions: bunsen27
    Yea saw the scale, but as mentioned before, you still need the motors and electronics, so you can’t get just the 419 upgrades. No cheap way to get into it. $1500 for the full 419 setup.

you can get it for $1325-$1350 right now
    Old willknot is more expensive for the scales

Tried to check out with the FX 120i and gold plated 419 combo for $1325, and it added $30 shipping. Not a deal breaker, but the screen shot says free shipping and included 100g calibration weight.
    I do have one question. I know the CM is subject to cold weather. This scale uses a different method. Can it stay in my unheated shop? Cold here is not the same as cold in Canada. In Southeast Georgia, cold is having a frost in the morning. We had 4 inches of snow January last year that shut Savannah down for 3 days.
    I don't really care about the programing.. Adam's instructions look well thought out.
    Sorry about you folks in California. One more reason not to live there.

https://ce-products.myshopify.com/c...plete-auto-trickler-competition-accessory-kit

Last edited:
    Tried to check out with the FX 120i and gold plated 419 combo for $1325, and it added $30 shipping. Not a deal breaker, but the screen shot says free shipping and included 100g calibration weight.
    I do have one question. I know the CM is subject to cold weather. This scale uses a different method. Can it stay in my unheated shop? Cold here is not the same as cold in Canada. In Southeast Georgia, cold is having a frost in the morning. We had 4 inches of snow January last year that shut Savannah down for 3 days.
    I don't really care about the programing.. Adam's instructions look well thought out.
    Sorry about you folks in California. One more reason not to live there.

https://ce-products.myshopify.com/c...plete-auto-trickler-competition-accessory-kit

The shipping issue has been corrected thank you for bringing it up to our attention,
    The FX-120i Operating temperature is 5 °C to 40 °C (41 °F to 104 °F), 85 %RH or less (no condensation)

The shipping issue has been corrected thank you for bringing it up to our attention,
    The FX-120i Operating temperature is 5 °C to 40 °C (41 °F to 104 °F), 85 %RH or less (no condensation)
    So shipping and calibration weight is free ..?

Can it remain in temps around 0 to 5 C when it is not operating, just stored, or should it be in a climate controlled area?

Can it remain in temps around 0 to 5 C when it is not operating, just stored, or should it be in a climate controlled area?

Climate controlled area is where it should be stored and operated for optima performance

Got the full setup with 419 accessories. No regrets. Just follow a few instructions to plug in the trickler and autothrow. I went through the programming just to make sure it was all dialed in. Setting a target weight was easy. Adjust the chamber on the auto throw until you're about 4grain under your target weight. Like the instructions say, the angle of the trickler tube makes a HUGE difference in trickle speed and how likely the unit is to overthrow. You will have to drill in hole in whatever side wind deflector plate you want the trickler tube coming through. I recommend getting it totally dialed in before doing this. Once it's up and running and I have a bunch of primed brass, by the time I dump a charge into a case and put the cup back on the scale, it'll have a charge ready before I can put a bullet in the case, seat it, and put the cartridge in the box.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
    Thinking about pulling the trigger on this full kit. I have a RCBS chargemaster but not exactly fast or precision measurements. Find myself having to trickle and then re-measure to make sure I'm on. I spent 14 hours today reloading for 300wm, 300Prc, 308 win, and 300 NM. And still have plenty more to do. Looking for ways to cut down the time involved.

Anyone have alternatives to this kit? Anyone have any gripes? Looks like this is a quality kit, but have not personally heard much about it.

I've only had mine a couple of weeks and used it once to load some 6.5 CM. It throws and trickles a charge faster than I can seat a bullet. The trick is to set the trickler up with spout running uphill by a good bit. I used a string level on the spout and got the bubble just outside the lines. Throws maybe + or - .04 grains, and I think I can improve on that with some practice.
    Others have said the LEE measure doesn't handle fine ball powders well. I've only used H4350, and it throws that just fine.

How long after ordering did it take to arrive? I placed an order on 2/12, CC was hit that same day. As of 2/19 i have heard nothing.
    I ordered and didn't hear anything, emailed after a week and they said it will ship on 3/6 or 7. Kind of sucks because it said in stock so I sold my dandy/gempro. 3 weeks of no loading.

How long did it take to get yours once shipped?

I think I got it on 2/21, so about 10 days, order to delivery. I sent an email to the contact on the Web site, heard back the next day, shipped the day after that UPS got it to south georgia in 2 days.

Reactions: MrFrankZ
    Ordered yesterday. They replied back for a 3 week delay as the autotrickler is backordered. FYI.

Definetely don't regret it. Have only used H4895 thus far. Like Jake the Dog said, it does take a little bit to get it to consistently throw where you want it. Angling the spout is absolutely the biggest difference. Easiest way to adjust this is w/ the Area-419 trickler base that comes with adjustable feet. It is VERY sensitive to adjustment. I guess it comes down to what your tolerance is. I told myself I'd accept anything that was +/- 0.04 grain, anything outside that I'd re-throw. Once you get it dialed, you can't seat a bullet fast enough to keep up with it. H4350 and N140 threw easier w/ my manual setup, maybe they'll run better in the 120i as well.

Definetely don't regret it. Have only used H4895 thus far. Like Jake the Dog said, it does take a little bit to get it to consistently throw where you want it. Angling the spout is absolutely the biggest difference. Easiest way to adjust this is w/ the Area-419 trickler base that comes with adjustable feet. It is VERY sensitive to adjustment. I guess it comes down to what your tolerance is. I told myself I'd accept anything that was +/- 0.04 grain, anything outside that I'd re-throw. Once you get it dialed, you can't seat a bullet fast enough to keep up with it. H4350 and N140 threw easier w/ my manual setup, maybe they'll run better in the 120i as well.

When i first started throwing Varget and H4350 the autothrower was binding on me every 5 or so throws. I found that if you loosen the screw holding the large gear just an 1/8 or 1/4 turn it really smooths everything out and stopped have the powder bind up.

When i first started throwing Varget and H4350 the autothrower was binding on me every 5 or so throws. I found that if you loosen the screw holding the large gear just an 1/8 or 1/4 turn it really smooths everything out and stopped have the powder bind up.

Yup had that happen as I was getting it smoothed out. I think the adjustments I made to that screw were smaller, maybe a 16th of a turn at a time. After a few adjustments I havent had any problems over about 500 throws. Just used N140 in it last night and I'm definetely getting some more powder outside the cup than I was with H4895. It's not ending up on the plate that's measuring the throw, so it's not throwing off the measurement, just a bit annoying. I'd be interested in the PVA kern'l dump'r to help control splash, but I'd need to see what the OD of the cup is, as I have the area 419 base to go with the 419 measuring cup.