• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Accessories WTB: AI AICS for Tikka T3

Jeff Allen

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Wyoming
Hello everyone,

Accuracy International several years ago made a chassis in 1.5 and 2.0 for the TIkka T3 short action. I think I even saw them on Midway around 2013 or 14. I have run across a couple used but missed them and not really interested in the Roedale if that is even still made. Does anyone here know of one or have one for sale. Thank you for your time. J

I spoke with Mile High and found that the AI's were probably prototypes and they never really went into production. So I guess a Roedale may then fit the bill. Does anyone happen to know where a person might find one of those. I went to their site, but their email system doesn't work and they are not showing any dealers. All the threads on here are quite old now. Thanks for any help.

I spoke with Mile High and found that the AI's were probably prototypes and they never really went into production. So I guess a Roedale may then fit the bill. Does anyone happen to know where a person might find one of those. I went to their site, but their email system doesn't work and they are not showing any dealers. All the threads on here are quite old now. Thanks for any help.

There is one gentleman at europtic who has a 2.0 straight from the factory. Probably the only one in the states. He is selling it. Call and request Jason

I contacted Roedale several months ago, they're no longer making an AICS type setup for the Tikka. Good luck with your search.

Doesn’t take much to modify a 700 version.

I contacted Roedale several months ago, they're no longer making an AICS type setup for the Tikka. Good luck with your search.

Thank you much for the reply. I assume there have been several lawsuits behind the scenes with all of them or the next greatest rifle came about and the fad died. I bought my Tikka around the time all the chassis were available, but couldn't afford one at the time. Now they are a unicorn. I buzzed through the Tikka T3 thread and saw the Sterk guy (which is an awesome swept handle) had a post with pictures of a few that mentions a Wombat chassis and then an AX that mentions the inlet being modified. When I looked at putting one into my 700 legacy, it sure looked to me that there would be a lot of questionable mismatched machining that would have to be done. Anywho. On with the pilgrimage. Thank you my friend. J

Doesn’t take much to modify a 700 version.

Well now. That is completely fantastic. If I lived close by, I would give him 3 bottles. How could a person get a couple of your pictures for reference?

Not my gun, you’ll have to contact the OP.

I stumbled across the post by accident awhile back.

Not my gun, you’ll have to contact the OP.

I stumbled across the post by accident awhile back.

Oh. ok. Thank you my friend and thank you for sending the link to the thread and info. I do appreciate the input and help.

Someone had one of these for sale awhile back in the Firearms for sale forum I tried finding the thread but couldn’t....maybe someone can do a search better than I can or it might just be too long ago to find it in a search.

Someone had one of these for sale awhile back in the Firearms for sale forum I tried finding the thread but couldn’t....maybe someone can do a search better than I can or it might just be too long ago to find it in a search.

Thank you much for the information. I appreciate your reply. J

Thank you Estes640 especially, and to everyone else who helped me and everyone else in their pilgrimages. You guys and gals are fantastic and I appreciate everything you do to help everyone and each other. My unicorn was found and corralled. Things like this may seem insignificant to most but it takes this community to help each other without prejudice. That is essentially why we are here. Thank you everyone. J

Just got my "unicorn chassis" from Mr. Jason. It is a perfect fit as one can imagine. I happen to have several of the original Legacy skins in this FDE so plan to have the thumbhole downgrade back on it soon. Thank you Jason and especially Estes640. This is the only one in the USA as known today. J

Attachments

• Tikka..jpg
    Tikka..jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Tikka...jpg
    Tikka...jpg
    787.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Tikka....jpg
    Tikka....jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 107
Hello everyone,

I thought for the heck of it that I would re-visit this string. A while back, it would seem that I found the one and only in existence and that may very well be the reality, but history always proves that where there is one, there is more. Does anyone have or know of a factory AICS chassis made for a Tikka T3? Thank you all for your time and efforts. J