• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment WTB case dryer not manufactured in china

jinxx4ever

Just Cruising
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 26, 2013
    Nebraska
    looking for a case dryer not made in china. Sun works good when it's over 90, earth stove works good if i don't mind waiting overnight, but would like to find a dryer that will get them dry in a couple hours. NO NEED FOR THAT LANGUAGE. DON'T DO IT AGAIN. If you know of one, please post it, thanks

Reactions: fortunt1
    If you find onenlet me know im curious bif anyine even makes one. And if. So how many of the components are. Chinese taiwan... insert other comunist. Country here...

Reactions: jinxx4ever
    I want to apologize if my initial post offended anyone. that was not my intent, listened to to much fox, newsmax & news austrilia yesterday being in the gun room all day.

• Love
    Reactions: aljones_315
    I just use an Excalibur food dehydrator that is USA made.

How long does it take to dry say 100 pieces of brass

I have never timed it. I just wash the brass and place it on a large towel to remove the majority of the water and place them on the trays. I use it because I have one. If I am in a hurry I use an air compressor to rid 95% of the water first. It was pretty fast but I do not have an exact time. I will time it next time.

Reactions: Jabot
    Ghetto dryer, place the brass in a shoe drying bag and hang the bag in the clothes dryer

How long does it take to dry say 100 pieces of brass
    Food dehydrators have always dried brass for me in about an hour or less. Make sure to wait a few minutes after turning it off to get the brass out of the trays though, it gets toasty enough to hurt.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
    Food dehydrators have always dried brass for me in about an hour or less. Make sure to wait a few minutes after turning it off to get the brass out of the trays though, it gets toasty enough to hurt.
    Thank you

I have never timed it. I just wash the brass and place it on a large towel to remove the majority of the water and place them on the trays. I use it because I have one. If I am in a hurry I use an air compressor to rid 95% of the water first. It was pretty fast but I do not have an exact time. I will time it next time.
    how many trays are in the one you use?

If your dryer has a sweater rack use that, it takes 30-40 minutes and done. Of course lay a towel down so the brass doesn't go through the holes. Your SO miight not like it though.

DRY_Use-dryer-rack.png

I have a Lyman my GF gave me as a gift as i was salt bath annealing. Never even opened the box as my AMP showed up shortly after. Idk if it's chicom or not. I can look on the box, but won't be home til Sunday.

I just use an Excalibur food dehydrator that is USA made.

He’ll ya! I also use an Excalibur dehydrator. Great option to have the best dehydrator there is to use for everything food related and to dry brass. I do blow the brass off first with compressed air then throw them in a plastic colander right into the dehydrator, works like a champ. The venison jerky and dehydrated hot peppers for recipes turn out awesome also.

I take my wife to thrift shops and estates sales. I am always looking for food dehydrators while she is looking at furniture and Lladros. I found a large one last month at a thrift shop for $8.00. It works real well and if I see another one for sale I will purchase it.

I want to apologize if my initial post offended anyone. that was not my intent, listened to to much fox, newsmax & news austrilia yesterday being in the gun room all day.
    Well.......I did not see your original post, doesn't matter...........and I'm sure I will probably be spanked for this, but doesn't the first Amendment give us the right to free speech..........I know this is a privately owned forum, but sometimes I question what the moderators do...........

Reactions: AndrewR
    I use a 9 tray. I take most out for the colander to fit when drying brass. I’ve never timed either, usually just turn it on for a couple hours and go do something else.
    thanks, after researching these , i think i will go with one. Looks good for drying brass, and I do a lot of goose jerky this time of year, and it's hard at times for my smoker to keep a steady heat outside when it's cold. I've never tried doing jerky inside in a dehydrator, but this looks like it might work pretty well. Thanks for the info