• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

WTB: Forster Co-ax

I saw in stock for 500.00 on insta , but i cant locate the seller. plus its a little steep

Me too! I have load development I need to do, and I need a press. Thinking about buying a cheapo to hold me over.

No need to pick up a cheapo! Pick up an RCBS RockChucker Supreme and have at it. I’m sure it will produce quality ammo that you’ll be extremely happy with and will likely be unable to show conclusive results of a Co-ax giving any better results. They can be had for $75ish used with relative ease. Pick one up, get loading while winter is cold, and let the back order fill when it does (if you still want it)!

Reactions: Badfinger
No need to pick up a cheapo! Pick up an RCBS RockChucker Supreme and have at it. I’m sure it will produce quality ammo that you’ll be extremely happy with and will likely be unable to show conclusive results of a Co-ax giving any better results. They can be had for $75ish used with relative ease. Pick one up, get loading while winter is cold, and let the back order fill when it does (if you still want it)!

you say no need to pick up a cheapo then say buy a rock chucker.

i dont like them but your right...but the COAX is a better press by design and if thats what the OP wants then why should he buy a rock chucker and then buy a COAX.,,the M press looks pretty nice and is why i posted a link...im going to buy one next month and see how it compares.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at @47guy ? I didn’t say the RockChucker was cheap. But based on your comment, it is implying the RockChucker is a cheapo - which it is not by any means.

I was giving a suggestion. If the goal is load development and shooting now, I suggested a solid press that will make quality ammo, has few flaws, isn’t really “expensive” and is an absolute workhorse. If the goal is to only load ammo on a Co-ax, by all means, hold out for the Co-ax. You’ll love it!

With that said, a ‘cheapo’ can certainly do the job! Many shooters shoot quality ammo developed on a Lee. I’m not saying they are cheapo in construction, but more so based on cost.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020652649/frankford-arsenal-m-press-coaxial-reloading-press

I saw the Frankford Arsenal 'copy' of the Forester Co-Ax at SHOT. I own a Co-Ax and this FA version is a pretty good competitor. It uses the same basic design, so you should get the same leverage and concentricity. It has two guide rods, floating die holder, and auto adjusting shell holder. Other improvements are the curved linkages that give a little more clearance to take shells in and out, ability to be flush mounted without having to drill holes for the primer catcher and guide rods, and the shell holder jaws can be changed without disassembly. Downsides are that you have to use FA's die rings and don't know how it'll hold up long term.

I appreciate all of your comments. I would like to just buy once. The Frankfort press looks nice but I'm always hesitant to buy the first production run of anything. I would at least wait until some reviews come out from people who are way more experienced than I am. In the meantime, I'll keep "freeloading" in my neighbor's loading room. :LOL:

I have been in the dilemma of the Co-Ax vs the Frankford version of the Co-Ax. I keep telling myself to just pony up the extra $100 for a Co-Ax (if they can be found) but every single review I’ve seen from unbiased first hand experience from people that handled it at shot show says it’s actually a good piece of equipment and built to last. Like mentioned, I’m going to approach with caution and see what reviews say after release but I’m not gonna overlook it. Hope you find a Co-Ax though, awesome presses!

Reactions: The Durk
It's all about supply and command....:ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I'd buy that right now, if I had an extra $200 sitting in my pocket. From what I hear from my buddies, this is THE single stage press to get. I'll wait for Brownells to get mine in stock (Feb 28thish) because I ended up getting it for $40 off with coupon. It'll be worth the wait.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at @47guy ? I didn’t say the RockChucker was cheap. But based on your comment, it is implying the RockChucker is a cheapo - which it is not by any means.

I was giving a suggestion. If the goal is load development and shooting now, I suggested a solid press that will make quality ammo, has few flaws, isn’t really “expensive” and is an absolute workhorse. If the goal is to only load ammo on a Co-ax, by all means, hold out for the Co-ax. You’ll love it!

With that said, a ‘cheapo’ can certainly do the job! Many shooters shoot quality ammo developed on a Lee. I’m not saying they are cheapo in construction, but more so based on cost.

in my opinion the rock chucker is a cheepo...you asked so i answered...as i said i dont like the rock chuckers or any of RCBS tools but thats just me...as far as lee goes the only thing they make id use or have used in their collet die.

and your right...i have a buddy that uses lee and he is a good shooter...i like using better tools and not because i think im better than you or anyone else i just like using better tools.

as far as the COAX goes it is without a doubt a better press.

in my opinion the rock chucker is a cheepo...you asked so i answered...as i said i dont like the rock chuckers or any of RCBS tools but thats just me...as far as lee goes the only thing they make id use or have used in their collet die.

and your right...i have a buddy that uses lee and he is a good shooter...i like using better tools and not because i think im better than you or anyone else i just like using better tools.

as far as the COAX goes it is without a doubt a better press.

Sure thing, I understand completely. There are certainly tools I use, prefer, and avoid. I suppose I’ve never found issue with my RCBS tooling, just the same as Redding or Forster. I do have to admit what I have from Lee is minimal but does serve a unique purpose (e.g. a hand press). I believe each of the presses, RC Supreme and Co-ax, have benefits and draw-backs. Having both I am speaking to experience, not hearsay or internet reading

With that said, I thought I may have had a lead for you @LRDaniel-San. A local guy was selling one, albeit not the most recent version, but was still a good deal at $265. Apparently someone else inquired first. I’ll keep an eye out for ya!

Sold out already. My back order from Brownells said it was in process as of Tuesday. Hopefully it’ll be shipping ASAP.