• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics WTB: Minox ZP5 5-25 or ZCO 5-27

You will love either. Both are phenomenal scopes. I just bought a TT and have been doing some side by sides with my ZP5 and at half the cost the ZP5 really impresses as I’m hard pressed to find any major difference optically. Also have had the ZCO (4-20) and it has excellent glass as well. I may decide to get a TT315M if I like the Gen 3XR reticle enough I may be putting my ZP5 on the market, but not sure how long that might be.

You will love either. Both are phenomenal scopes. I just bought a TT and have been doing some side by sides with my ZP5 and at half the cost the ZP5 really impresses as I’m hard pressed to find any major difference optically. Also have had the ZCO (4-20) and it has excellent glass as well. I may decide to get a TT315M if I like the Gen 3XR reticle enough I may be putting my ZP5 on the market, but not sure how long that might be.

I've read a bunch of your reviews wjm308 on several of the alpha optics and appreciated the detailed assessments. I was originally thinking Kahles but your (and a few others) reviews have me now focused on Minox and ZCO. Appreciate it. Question for you as i've seen past recent sales of the ZP5s going for ~$2200-2400 so was curious what has led to the used pricing being so attractive given new pricing is ~$3000?

Anyone who pays over $3k for a new ZP5 has not done their homework, contact the Hide dealers and you’re sure to get a smokin’ good deal less than $3k. That being said anything coming from Europe seems to be going up in price, EO just raised the prices of all their S&B scopes by 10% across the board just a few weeks ago due to the dollar value dropping (this is what happens when your government prints money it does not have!). Another contributing factor was the Minox/Mauser 50% off deal from 2019, but even before then used ZP5’s were going for $2300-$2400. Personally, I think more than anything that affects resale value is name recognition and the smaller companies like Minox and Kahles tend to struggle a bit more which gives opportunity for some great deals. While Minox and Kahles may have MSRP over $3k that is not what these scopes are selling for at street value and honestly it’s better to buy used from a reputable source as the deals are much better.

Reactions: littlepod
Anyone who pays over $3k for a new ZP5 has not done their homework, contact the Hide dealers and you’re sure to get a smokin’ good deal less than $3k. That being said anything coming from Europe seems to be going up in price, EO just raised the prices of all their S&B scopes by 10% across the board just a few weeks ago due to the dollar value dropping (this is what happens when your government prints money it does not have!). Another contributing factor was the Minox/Mauser 50% off deal from 2019, but even before then used ZP5’s were going for $2300-$2400. Personally, I think more than anything that affects resale value is name recognition and the smaller companies like Minox and Kahles tend to struggle a bit more which gives opportunity for some great deals. While Minox and Kahles may have MSRP over $3k that is not what these scopes are selling for at street value and honestly it’s better to buy used from a reputable source as the deals are much better.

I think the street value is the main price issue. Companies that allow the MAP vs street value prices to be so different is why you will notice used sales at the $2300-2400 because the person most likely bought it for around there too. The 50% Minox/Mauser sale definitely had a ton of people at the time selling their Minoxes with that certifcate for $2000.

Kahles street prices are also lower than their MSRP. Also when you factor in some of the scopes giving NRA instructors, First Responders, Military, Veterans, etc a good 30-40% discount, you end up with a lot of scopes purchased at that price range in circulation too.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I have a ZP5 5-25 MR4 mounted in spuhr qdp 4002. Sent you a PM.

I have had a minox mr4 for a while and just got a Zco. For the used price of the minox I think it’s the way to go for most people. There was things I like better on the Zco but not for 1500 more.