• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes WTB PRS scope

TejasPS

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2020
I WTB a PRS scope. Just jumping in to the PRS sport. I am beginning to realize all the things you need to participate in the sport. Currently, I using an SWFA SS 3-15. Have been looking at the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 EBR-7C. Can’t really afford this. What other scopes will hold there value and still get the job done. I’ve looked through several high-end scopes and know the shortcomings of my SWFA.
Is there anyone out there that has a great scope for sale? Thanks your advice.

Can’t afford it by $100 or can’t afford it by $1,000? The recommendation range is pretty wide on sub-$1,600 scopes.
I have it but barely. I feel like I should wait because other improvements are need to get my rifle ready to do matches. Moving from picatinny to Arca Swiss rail. Like I said very new to the sport. I might spend several hundred of that to upgrade.

Killer bang for the buck would be an athlon ares etr for around $1k or a touch less used. Then use the extra scratch to upgrade your other stuff and revisit the optic in a year or two if you even deem necessary. Could get a brand new cronus from camera Land under 1500, or even less used.

In that case, Ares ETR, Cronus BTR, Tract Toric PRS, Meopta Optika6, or...if you think you're going to go Razor Gen2 EBR-7C eventually (I did), get the new Strike Eagle 5-25 that has the same EBR-7C reticle, tube size, and turret locking design as the Razor Gen2 so it's as simple and straightforward of an upgrade as can be. No retraining, no new rings/mount, good resale on anything Vortex, leaves you lots of budget for other stuff.

Reactions: SepticDeath
Don't buy anything less than a Razor.
But actually, don't buy anything. I've won club matches and gotten a couple 2-day top tens with the scope you have. Buy ammo and entry fees. When you have "extra" money after those bases are covered, start looking at gear. Scopes are important, but not as important as ammo.

Reactions: Ben17
Lots of options. As for buying new you have the MPO, OPTIKA 6, ARES BTR. There are others but those seem to be very highly regarded. All are around $1000. I have the MPO and keep recommending it because I have been extremely impressed. I would suggest spending more on a used scope though. You can go up a tier for sure. That Burris XTRIII looks pretty damn good.

I WTB a PRS scope. Just jumping in to the PRS sport. I am beginning to realize all the things you need to participate in the sport. Currently, I using an SWFA SS 3-15. Have been looking at the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 EBR-7C. Can’t really afford this. What other scopes will hold there value and still get the job done. I’ve looked through several high-end scopes and know the shortcomings of my SWFA.
Is there anyone out there that has a great scope for sale? Thanks your advice.
Tract Ultra HD PRS

If your SS 3-15 tracks reliably, just use it. Get good enough to the point where the scope is holding you back. Maybe it's due to a preferred reticle. Maybe it's due to mirage at 1000 yards. You don't need >15x in PRS. SS quality glass will have the resolution and clarity to see all of your 2-3moa sized steel targets in PRS.

So go get a few matches in, and see what you prefer.

I just spent 4 days in training and behind quite a few scopes. I was about to just jump into the ZCO or S&B because it cut through the mirage so well, but I'm no where near the skill that I'm losing because I didn't resolve through the mirage at 1000 yards. So until that's my limiting factor, I'll save the $ for training and ammo.