• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics WTB S&B 1-8x24 PM II ShortDot Dual CC MDR-T6

Mitu

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Ideally in RAL8000 or Pantone, but I’ll also consider black. Let me know what you’ve got!

On sale at Eurooptic now- still pricy but at least not full freight?

Reactions: Mitu
On sale at Eurooptic now- still pricy but at least not full freight?

Thank you! Do these go on sale regularly there? Trying to figure out if this is a one-off or a regular sale.

I have been coveting this scope and looking around for a couple of months and bought it on Friday. That was the first time I had seen it on sale. Probably everyone will now tell me I could have done better but I really wanted it!

Reactions: Mitu
I have been coveting this scope and looking around for a couple of months and bought it on Friday. That was the first time I had seen it on sale. Probably everyone will now tell me I could have done better but I really wanted it!
Let us know your thoughts on the scope once you have some time under it.

@jbonnie i have been keeping track of the pm ii scopes for a while. I had a guy that sold them at the best discount around (checked literally every vendor listed by s&b), but i guess eurooptic is now the only importer (i heard, may be wrong). He quoted the shortdot that is on sale on eurooptic for 4300 - no sales tax... Eurooptic is about 4000 with sales tax. So good price i think.

I dont even have a rifle for it yet but had eyeballed the scope for a while.... eurooptic sale made me weak, folded and just ordered one too - dont tell my wife :) Still stuck for work in the middle east so wont see it for a very long time... let me know what u think when it arrives hehe, ease the pain of waiting.

$3700 on this one now:

Mine got delivered yesterday and the Spuhr for it arrives tomorrow. Unfortunately (or, fortunately) I will beat the beach for a couple of weeks sowing get to take it to the range until the end of the month.....

Huh, thats what i ordered 2 days ago but the link preview says no tax? Weird, charged me tax. Depends on state maybe? Not a generic offer @jbonnie

Hmmm that is weird. The website itself did not promise no tax and I paid it too (went back and checked). Lets not beat ourselves up!

Hmmm that is weird. The website itself did not promise no tax and I paid it too (went back and checked). Lets not beat ourselves up!
Haha exactly. We would have bought the wrong scope if we were crying about the tax :p

I only have just adjusted the diopter and played around with it but the dot is definitely very bright and the eye box seems pretty big. I have never used an LPVO before so my thoughts are kind of useless. I am pretty interested in comparing the 1x to my EoTech EXPS. It will be pretty cool to have something that is anywhere as effective as a reflex sight and also is great 8x glass. Will post after I do that so everyone can "benefit" from the thoughts of an uninformed novice.

Reactions: Daniel-01
Lol I ended up buying from EuroOptic too. I got charged a sales tax. Excited for it to arrive, got a Badger C1 waiting.

I haven’t tried the 1.93 yet. I run the Spuhr 3022 now. The 1.93 is supposed to provide more heads up when running red dot type shooting. Might be too high. We’ll see.

I haven’t tried the 1.93 yet. I run the Spuhr 3022 now. The 1.93 is supposed to provide more heads up when running red dot type shooting. Might be too high. We’ll see.
Ok would be great if you could give some feedback once you did :)

Ok would be great if you could give some feedback once you did :)

I have a Vortex 1-10 that I also run on a 1.93 mount. Definitely more comfortable for running and gunning. Makes it a little bit more awkward to shoot in prone for sure, but I don’t do a lot of prone shooting with LPVOs. YMMV.

Hmmm. As ridiculous as it might seem I also have one of those gen III vortex 1-10s on order too. I got 1.5 Spuhrs for both. Maybe I will put one on a higher mount and see how they compare.

Hmmm. As ridiculous as it might seem I also have one of those gen III vortex 1-10s on order too. I got 1.5 Spuhrs for both. Maybe I will put one on a higher mount and see how they compare.
Good idea :) riser rail may be an option too

Has anyone had luck finding the S&B throw lever for this optic in stock?

Has anyone had luck finding the S&B throw lever for this optic in stock?
Check out aadland engineering for a throw lever as they may make one. Might take a couple weeks to get it in but worth it imo

Reactions: pucker
I ordered a S&B shark fin off the Schmidt & Bender PM group on FB and had it in a week or so. Don’t have the MWS yet to mount the short dot, but the S&B throw lever feels pretty good.

I ordered a S&B shark fin off the Schmidt & Bender PM group on FB and had it in a week or so. Don’t have the MWS yet to mount the short dot, but the S&B throw lever feels pretty good.
Who did you get it from? I am in the same group, havent seen that though

Check out aadland engineering for a throw lever as they may make one. Might take a couple weeks to get it in but worth it imo
^^ This.

They do make one, and (although a bit large) it is stellar. Note: not listed for the 1-8, but zoom ring is same as 3-20...so it fits perfectly.

Reactions: Mitu and jbonnie
I should have mentioned...they'll always show 'back ordered'. Jon makes them once ordered.
Is that the same with the mounts, do you know? I read somewhere on here that he was not focusing on them anymore for some reason (better margins on other products maybe)?

Is that the same with the mounts, do you know? I read somewhere on here that he was not focusing on them anymore for some reason (better margins on other products maybe)?
If site allows you to order (showing 'back ordered'), that means he's taking orders.

If site shows "out of stock", it won't let you order. Likely because he's not making that product at this time.

Just ordered 2 of the S&B levers on optics-world.nl - aadland looks good, just decided i liked the sb finish over plastic :) i believe the original should fit universally on both the 1-8 dual cc and the 5-45, right?

Just ordered 2 of the S&B levers on optics-world.nl - aadland looks good, just decided i liked the sb finish over plastic :) i believe the original should fit universally on both the 1-8 dual cc and the 5-45, right?
Yes, the S&B lever will fit their alum zoom rings... 3-20 (newer model, and the ultra short), 3-27, 5-45, 1-8...

Also, Aadland's levers (and covers) are a composite material...highly unlikely to ever break them, at least not before damaging the scope.