• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTB Scar 20 not at MSRP

J Max

Private
Minuteman
  • Jan 29, 2014
    North Texas
    Anybody have or know where a guy with some spending money can find a Scar 20 for around mid to low $3000’s?

Thanks!

I was lucky to grab 20s 308 in June for $3257, HK SP5 $2772 in April. Now everything is going up.

Anybody have or know where a guy with some spending money can find a Scar 20 for around mid to low $3000’s?

Thanks!

We just got Scar 20's in this week. We are both a commercial and LE dealer for FN. We have the 7.62 model in stock, and the 6.5 CM are trickling in. We have had customer on waitlist for the 6.5 CM for months, so that will not be readily available if you have not already ordered. We do have good 'hide deals on new 7.62 models, but your price range is not going to get you a new firearm.

We just got Scar 20's in this week. We are both a commercial and LE dealer for FN. We have the 7.62 model in stock, and the 6.5 CM are trickling in. We have had customer on waitlist for the 6.5 CM for months, so that will not be readily available if you have not already ordered. We do have good 'hide deals on new 7.62 models, but your price range is not going to get you a new firearm.
    can i drop a deposit on a 20S in 6.5CM?

Quit honestly...not sure if anyone is going to let go of their 20S right now unless they are hurting for cash...right now is def not the time to get the SCAR bug...

Quite fortunate on my end to meet some people early on with spare parts that didn't need them either...so stocked up on some goodies for my 20S.

Reactions: J Max
    You are probably not going to find stuff like that easily available in even MSRP range, expect to either pay over MSRP for new, or simply hold off and wait and hope Trump wins the election then mid way through next year things should hopefully level out and there will be deals to be had.

Of course if Biden gets in, you'll kick yourself for not paying MSRP+ when you could still get stuff....

That's the gamble most folks are working on now and you'll find many folks at all points in that spectrum, with many different strategies.

Quit honestly...not sure if anyone is going to let go of their 20S right now unless they are hurting for cash...right now is def not the time to get the SCAR bug...

Quite fortunate on my end to meet some people early on with spare parts that didn't need them either...so stocked up on some goodies for my 20S.
    It’s all your fault Hun! I got the Scar big from you

• Haha
    Reactions: thehun
    Give it a few months, I think the bottom is going to fall out of this artificial economy and people will be dumping their overpriced firearms. Don’t be in a rush, take your time and the deals will show up. And do your best to buy from individuals, don’t buy into the dealers bs price increases.

Give it a few months, I think the bottom is going to fall out of this artificial economy and people will be dumping their overpriced firearms. Don’t be in a rush, take your time and the deals will show up. And do your best to buy from individuals, don’t buy into the dealers bs price increases.
    This is some sage advice...

It’s all your fault Hun! I got the Scar big from you
    You on here too? Nice. Yeah. I’m sorry. It is a great platform. Wrong time to buy at a good price. I’ll send you pics for you periodically if you’d like... ;)

Reactions: J Max
    So true. Too many dealers milking the ride right now.

This is some sage advice...

It is. Until it isn't.

If you're looking for a rifle like a 20S right now, you've got to be willing to gamble. Here's my prediction: Election comes up, Trump wins. If Trump wins, shit's going to get real bad on many streets. Furthermore, the libs are going to tie the results up in the courts, which is going to last for months. Regardless of how that goes, the demand for firearms is going to continue to skyrocket.

If douchebag wins, you'll be wishing you paid MSRP (or even MSRP +) for that 20S back on October 24, 2020. Those fuckers will be unobtainable.

Isn’t this always the fear mongering that happens every election? Be afraid....be very afraid!

A lot of gun dealers went out of business after Trump was elected. Major distributors and manufacturers went under too. They were probably leveraged poorly.

So true. Too many dealers milking the ride right now.

You know why they will have to milk it? Because there will be hard times afterwards. If they don't, they won't survive. Every bubble bursts. There won't be a government bailout for gun dealers/distributors/manufacturers.

Oh yeah man, it’s gone way high for these. Unlucky for me I caught the Scar bug too late.

Buying a SCAR 20s for 3257 is hundreds beneath dealer cost. Every new SCAR 20s I see on gunbroker has about 11-12% margin in it. You factor in gunbroker fees, shipping, and credit card processing, dealer is lucky to make 10% on that. Is that too much?

Ask me how I know? I have a home based FFL and I thought about becoming a gun dealer til I saw the margins they made on most things.

Buying a SCAR 20s for 3257 is hundreds beneath dealer cost. Every new SCAR 20s I see on gunbroker has about 11-12% margin in it. You factor in gunbroker fees, shipping, and credit card processing, dealer is lucky to make 10% on that. Is that too much?

Ask me how I know? I have a home based FFL and I thought about becoming a gun dealer til I saw the margins they made on most things.
    shipping & ccard fees are passed onto the consumer. seems like GB likes to f*ck people on shipping, just look at the rates.
    if u became a dealer, im sure friends and groups can put out the word to move ur firearms. ur lucky u dont live in a Commie state like mine!

shipping & ccard fees are passed onto the consumer. seems like GB likes to f*ck people on shipping, just look at the rates.
    if u became a dealer, im sure friends and groups can put out the word to move ur firearms. ur lucky u dont live in a Commie state like mine!
    Shipping rates are determined by person selling on gunbroker. If you don't like shipping rates don't use them or find a different vendor. Reality is, everyone has to eat. Gunbroker passes their fees to the vendor, vendor passes their expenses to the consumer. That's how they eat.

Gunbroker provides a valuable resource for dealers and consumers. For dealers it provides a huge already established network to get your product out there. For consumers it provides a convenient eBay like service for firearms.

If you don't like your commie state, vote with your feet. Don't bitch, just move.

$3499 on GB few months back. Should have been $3300 but I think the seller shilled it up to that. Still not bad for a NIB rifle. I JUST saw one for $3499 with no bids.

$3999 for 6.5 from Proven Outfitters. I might have done that but for $500 extra plus cost of adopting a new round (probably another $1000 just to start, more to build up brass) it wasn't worth it to me. I'm established in 7.62 and it's a good rifle in 7.62.

$3499 on GB few months back. Should have been $3300 but I think the seller shilled it up to that. Still not bad for a NIB rifle. I JUST saw one for $3499 with no bids.

$3999 for 6.5 from Proven Outfitters. I might have done that but for $500 extra plus cost of adopting a new round (probably another $1000 just to start, more to build up brass) it wasn't worth it to me. I'm established in 7.62 and it's a good rifle in 7.62.
    I actually have a 6.5CM on order from Proven Outfitters. No idea when it will come though. If even. I HATE paying $3999, but its a gamble if its going to go down or not.

I guess you guys didn't listen to what I wrote earlier. Either ffls shouldn't make money because what business needs to make money anyway, or, your beef is with FN.

I have a hard time arguing with a 10 percent markup on a hard to get item.

Also, how do you guys get paid anyway? You or your company has to make money for you to be paid.

Seems like a bunch of entitled cheapskates but maybe I'm wrong.

I guess you guys didn't listen to what I wrote earlier. Either ffls shouldn't make money because what business needs to make money anyway, or, your beef is with FN.

I have a hard time arguing with a 10 percent markup on a hard to get item.

Also, how do you guys get paid anyway? You or your company has to make money for you to be paid.

Seems like a bunch of entitled cheapskates but maybe I'm wrong.
    I get paid by an organization that operates under a MASSIVE deficit. No one is going to volunteer to pay more. Get off of your soap box.

I get paid by an organization that operates under a MASSIVE deficit. No one is going to volunteer to pay more. Get off of your soap box.
    The real world doesn't operate under those rules. You should consider a career change.

You are honestly telling me that businesses survive by routinely selling things beneath cost?
    Plenty of people are charitable, if you live in America it is the most charitable country on the planet. Charity is a way of paying more.

Plenty of people are okay spending a little more for a better experience or knowing your money is going to stay within a community.

Scheels, Overland Park Ks., 6.5, .308 on the shelf yesterday.......