• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTB: Scrap chunks of barrel for practice

Romeo458

That Guy
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2019
NEIA
I am still in the learning phase of using my lathe and my biggest trouble has been turning threads. I have improved but I still need more practice before. To do that I need chunks of metal. I figure some of you guys might have some cut off chunks of barrel laying around that are 4 or 5" long, you know just long enough for a guy to practice cutting threads for a receiver.

If you do and would like to offload them to a worthy cause I will happily take them off your hands. If you want some cash that's fine but I will at least pay for the shipping if you just want to send them to me.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
I have 2 barrels I'll give you if you pay for the shipping one is a remage criterion 6.5 creed barrels that's shot out the other is a 308 factory remington barrel never had a round thru it.

Reactions: Romeo458
I’d buy a stick of 1.25” aluminum round and turn it all into barrel tenons.
Agreed. Any barrels you get are going to be tapered. Pain the ass to try and chuck up. Either buy the aluminum as Dustin suggests, or buy a chunk of 12L14 steel round barstock off AMZN and cut to length.

Reactions: Romeo458
Not sure if you are still looking for barrels, I have a proof barrel chambered in 308 right now I am trying to get rid of. I can send pictures and data.