• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment WTB small rifle primers

Jmkjr87

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 13, 2019
    Im looking for small rifle primers. I didn't heed the warnings and signs and now I can't find em. I'd buy a couple thousand if somebody has em or 500 if thats the case also. I will pay all shipping and hazmat fees and a premium on the primers. Id prefer CCI or federal if you boys got em. If you need my first born son for the primers PM my address and he will be shipped along promptly, thanks

Reactions: jonsc
    Its hard for individuals to ship primers because of how they are classified. I was looking in to how to do it legally recently and there are hazmat brokers who will package and ship items for you for a fee. I found one in Denver but he wanted 300 bucks to ship 1000 primers. I'm sure there are reasonable brokers out there.hopefully the info helps you and you don't have to pay pandemic pricing
    I've bought powder and primers and had them shipped to my door all for the same hazmat fee so I'm not what your talking about there

Send someone the brass you want primed, they prime it then can send it directly to you. Basically the only way around it (if I understand correctly), you can ship primed brass, just not a box of primers.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
    Me as an individual can't go to fedex or ups and legally ship primers without having a business account, completing dangerous goods packing training and having a current license to ship said primers, and packaging them in approved boxes with approved fill. Businesses like midway, butchs, powder valley all meet these requirements...nobody wants joe bob fuckface to throw a zip lock bag full on primers in to a box with loose bullets and have it blow up some poor bastard flying mail across the states. That's why it's so stringent. Now as i said earlier, if joe bob fuckface wanted to ship primers legally, he could go to a hazmat broker, see if an established business line midway would ship for him, or he could even prime some brass, Mark it orm-d and ship it himself that method. The broker in Denver was charging 300 bucks for 1000 primers all the way up to whatever he said the max weight he could do was and the only increase world be shipping and packaging cost...not paperwork cost
    So a regular joe couldn't go to the post office. Pack the primers exactly how they are told and then ship them. Christ 300 bucks to pack primers is insane, this is getting depressing

Ok i just did a little research and ya regular guys can't ship primers so the update to this thread is, anybody In upstate NY got any primers

I tried this last week with no luck.. I did have luck with offers to send my brass to a have them primed, sent back.... I needed large rifle or small primer I found large primes online, bought 2000. some LRP brass from a member. Delaware county Goodluck

Gunbroker has them but expect to pay a lot more. I bought 5k cci 450’s last week for $500 shipped. Yes a lot more then I normally pay but it was my only option at the time. Received them very quickly also

Yea I bid on 3000 federal primers but once it got over 300 bucks I said fuck it