• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTB Winchester pre64 win 70 action

Stevo86

No one
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • May 26, 2014
    Looking for a Complete pre64 action to build a 308. Thanks for your help.

Nice choice. The pre 64 is a work of art. Their simplicity was brilliant. I never understood why they changed it. I’m sure you know they went back to that design recently however the new ones have a stamped trigger assembly. Good luck 👍

My understanding was to lower manufacturing costs to compete with Remington. Could be completely wrong tho. The push feed is actually a stronger action. But I prefer the CRF. I have a pre war 06 that I hunt with and a 55 model 257 Roberts that is pristine. And a newer supergrade maple stock 270. They are great rifles.

Reactions: LG65CM
    I know where there's a FN SPR action, trigger, bottom metal and rail if you don't require it have Winchestwr stamped on it.

Yea I’ve been keeping my eye on that 280. But I’m just looking for an action for a build I’m gonna start.

Reactions: Toddmonty
    I know where there's a FN SPR action, trigger, bottom metal and rail if you don't require it have Winchestwr stamped on it.

I am having a rifle built on that action. And own an SPR in 308. I'd be interested in that action you know of for a future build .