• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft WTF? Is camo worth this much?

Re: WTF? Is camo worth this much?

That looks sketchy. I dont know why it is priced so high. The pictures in it look like MARPAT to me, not multicam. I cant comprehend why anybody would pay that much for it. It can be found much cheaper. No, its way over priced in my opinion.

There are some crazy people on there. Now we watch to see if anyone bids. Then we will know who the stupid people are!

Olathe....I think I'd be hitting up the Bass Pro if I were you. Of course maybe it would be worth the extra drive to Cabela's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: angelballer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did I get the feeling it was the Crye gear? The seller is an idiot. Here you can get the same thing for $179 + $149 from the manufacturer. Still quite a bit but not a $1000.

http://www.cryeprecision.com/C-111/Combat-Apparel </div></div>

I'd say the seller is a genius. $1000 for $300 worth of gear? I'd say the 7 bidders are the idiots. Wow.

my guess is there's some hidden story there that the bidders are aware of, meaning dont think the auction is REALLY for a shirt and pants, know what I'm sayin, that'd be my take

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my guess is there's some hidden story there that the bidders are aware of, meaning dont think the auction is REALLY for a shirt and pants, know what I'm sayin, that'd be my take </div></div>

Secret DEVGRU magical SEAL dust that makes you a bonified heart stopping kicker of names and taker of ass? Yeah, my panties are all wet thinking about it.

Mall ninja BS. Like another set I saw of "Genuine navy seal" experimental uniforms. The size was small regular. Really? Small Regular?

Maybe some "stolen valor" type who wants to hang them on his coat rack so he can brag to the strippers he's paying to bang about the secret mission last week he can't talk about. Hitler's undies aren't worth a grand and they contain historical shit (pun intended).

Know what I'm saying? Just my take...

3 bidders #1 real $89 #2 #3 shills bouncing back and forth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kenda</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Secret DEVGRU magical SEAL dust that makes you a bonified heart stopping kicker of names and taker of ass? Yeah, my panties are all wet thinking about it.

Mall ninja BS. Like another set I saw of "Genuine navy seal" experimental uniforms. The size was small regular. Really? Small Regular?

Maybe some "stolen valor" type who wants to hang them on his coat rack so he can brag to the strippers he's paying to bang about the secret mission last week he can't talk about. Hitler's undies aren't worth a grand and they contain historical shit (pun intended).

Know what I'm saying? Just my take... </div></div>

Awesome!

-Pat

It's that new reflective camo... Kinda like the stuff from "007: Die Another Day" except this shit isn't just invisible, it actually reflects bullets back at the shooters. Damn, I wish I had some of this stuff...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kenda</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my guess is there's some hidden story there that the bidders are aware of, meaning dont think the auction is REALLY for a shirt and pants, know what I'm sayin, that'd be my take </div></div>

Secret DEVGRU magical SEAL dust that makes you a bonified heart stopping kicker of names and taker of ass? Yeah, <span style="color: #FF0000">my panties are all wet </span>thinking about it.

the one thing everyone will take from this thread

I have some beach front property in the middle of the desert that I am willing to sale you if you buy would be willing to buy that. I don't see how camo can be worth that.

They're "precision" pants. They'll wrap around your nutsack and asscheeks like a friggin glove. Stupid snipergeek wear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kenda</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my guess is there's some hidden story there that the bidders are aware of, meaning dont think the auction is REALLY for a shirt and pants, know what I'm sayin, that'd be my take </div></div>

Secret DEVGRU magical SEAL dust that makes you a bonified heart stopping kicker of names and taker of ass? Yeah, my panties are all wet thinking about it.

don't know if that was a stab at me but my point was I'd wager they were biddin on a pound of weed or shit like that under the rouse of some shirt and pants, either that or they are high on crack thinkin "dem majic pants is purdy"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kenda</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my guess is there's some hidden story there that the bidders are aware of, meaning dont think the auction is REALLY for a shirt and pants, know what I'm sayin, that'd be my take </div></div>

Secret DEVGRU magical SEAL dust that makes you a bonified heart stopping kicker of names and taker of ass? Yeah, <span style="color: #FF0000">my panties are all wet </span>thinking about it.

the one thing everyone will take from this thread </div></div>

lol, you are reading my mind. how many fingers am i holding up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kenda</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my guess is there's some hidden story there that the bidders are aware of, meaning dont think the auction is REALLY for a shirt and pants, know what I'm sayin, that'd be my take </div></div>

don't know if that was a stab at me but my point was I'd wager they were biddin on a pound of weed or shit like that under the rouse of some shirt and pants, either that or they are high on crack thinkin "dem majic pants is purdy" </div></div>

Nah, no fire from my position. But I think now you may have your tin-foil on a bit tight. DEVGRU pants as code for narc? Have you been watching CSI Miami? I think it is a case of chronic dumbass, as opposed to dumbass trying to get a case of chronic.

Hell, he will find some clown with more dollars than sense (or is it cents?) that will buy these based solely on the price. You see, everyone knows that multicam is the shit, and if "regular" pants are going to cost me a couple hundred bucks, these must be 5-times as good.

Free market, baby! I say if the buyer is that dumb, he doesn't deserve to have the $1,000 anyway.

wouldnt be the first time items on Ebay or Craig's list were not really the items bein sold, just an alterior idea since I just can't fathom someone bein so retarded to buy 1,000 dollar multicams

my Tinfoil hat fits right fine thank you very much, see if I cruise Sante Fe anymore wearing it!

Camo Whaatt.... wait what is that??? I cant STOP looking at your avatar, please someboby turn it off
smile.gif

It's just like when the guy was selling the French Battle Flag (white cloth tied to a stick) and the jokers bid it up to $79,000 or something like that. I'm sure it's just a few guys having a laugh at a lame sellers expense.

"Enemy, the wearer of this hat is all jacked up on mountain dew, and he has the habbit of coming at his enemies like a spider monkey.". . . Nice, I think I like the kid in loadout 3.

Oh my God. Seriously?

I'm selling off all our guns and buying gear in bulk. I'm gonna make a fortune off of these plastic bb shootin', mama's boy, virgins for life.

Nah... I think I'll just forget I ever watched those videos.

Except Spider Monkey boy. He was cool.

Good lord, I couldn't make it through half of the first video. Do these people collect GI Joes too? I want to punch that dude in the face- hard.

i've been following the 'AOR1' stuff on ebay. i recently saw what i thought was a standard desert marpat uniform selling for over 900 bucks. it was the AOR1 pattern.

my limited understanding of this phenomenon is NSW came up with a super slight variation on the desert marpat pattern. to the casual observer its indistinguishable. navy seals, etc have fielded it, air softers found out about it and are going nuts! apparently its only available in super limited quantities. im sure people are trying to pass off marpat stuff as 'aor1.'

who in their right minds would pay that kind of money for a uniform your either 1. arent going to wear or need in the first place 2. if you do wear it 'for real' you are going to tear it to all hell anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Enemy, the wearer of this hat is all jacked up on mountain dew, and he has the habbit of coming at his enemies like a spider monkey.". . . Nice, I think I like the kid in loadout 3. </div></div>

LOL, kid 3 is a riot.

"Never bring a fake knife to a fake gun fight...."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kenda</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my guess is there's some hidden story there that the bidders are aware of, meaning dont think the auction is REALLY for a shirt and pants, know what I'm sayin, that'd be my take </div></div>

the one thing everyone will take from this thread </div></div>

guilty

I always thought that it was the man in the uniform that mattered.

But I think alot of people should take some time and see all the supply and demand for tactical widgets and whatzits in this day and age.

$3700 carbine rifle optics
$2500 carbines
$13,000 long range precision rifle systems
$150 combat pants

It's not about the price it's about the demand that drives up the price. There isn't anything wrong with it. That's capitalism in a nutshell.

It's your choice on whether you want to spend $1000 on limited run of Crye MARPAT stuff or just call Crye themselves and ask if they have any left.

It's probably what that ebay seller did.

There are a big group of guys that set the price super high on stuff like this and keep bidding on items until someone outsid ethe group like you or I says "I will make one bid on that" at $1000. The other 7 people split the money/profit of about $700 and stop bidding on it. Its a scam!!!!!!! Like in the above post you can buy the same thing for $300.

I will sell you a set for 800...lol... wow .... and some one will buy those. crazy

Is it wrong that I want to go to one of these airsoft places (I don't know what the f*ck they call them) with an M-4 set up for sim-rounds and about 20 mags and just start dropping people?

I'm reminded of the quote in Frank's sig line: "All the gear & no idear."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it wrong that I want to go to one of these airsoft places (I don't know what the f*ck they call them) with an M-4 set up for sim-rounds and about 20 mags and just start dropping people?

I'm reminded of the quote in Frank's sig line: "All the gear & no idear." </div></div>

Yes, J-Ham, it is wrong. Everybody's gotta have a hobby. I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are a big group of guys that set the price super high on stuff like this and keep bidding on items until someone outsid ethe group like you or I says "I will make one bid on that" at $1000. The other 7 people split the money/profit of about $700 and stop bidding on it. Its a scam!!!!!!! Like in the above post you can buy the same thing for $300. </div></div>

Actually I was wrong. I didn't look at all the pictures in the ebay ad but I guess it is a limited run camo pattern. Not the typical multicam from Crye.

Are you guys sayin I shouldn't have been the 9th bidder? C'mon people! they have built in knee pads for Christ sake! how else am I gonna comfortably take a knee when posing with my airsoft

Kenda, I suppose you're right... just not my thing. I'll let it lie.

But I will say that the immaturity really pisses me off. They glamorize war as being this cool thing to do, when in fact they have no fucking clue what the fuck they are talking about. OK, now I'm done
grin.gif

Easy guys. It appears there are folks who get upset about their camo (Jellostorm), so I guess we need to stop picking on wanna-be's.

So is anyone else getting the urge to throttle any/all of those kids? I am. Good grief. I clicked on the first video link and it was like a freakin' train wreck from there. I couldn't avert my gaze to save my life.

P.S. I just found the other thread with Jellostorm's post in it. Redmanss gets the award for post of the month.

looks like marpat/ multicam to me... maybe the quality of the seams is what makes it cost so much... but even with the most high quality material, it seem's a bit ridiculous in price.

Sad day IMHO when "playing war" has reached the level it has.

One thing when you were an 8-10 year old kind playing with Army Men, or running around with a $5 plastic rifle. Another thing when you go to the level that these people do.

Airsoft can have some legit applications, I use a 20" AR to practice shooting positions, and they are great for some force-on-force practice.

However spending thousdands of dollars so you can be a "SEAL or DELTA Operator", total BS in my book!

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

I'm with this guy. I think movies and video games have really glamorized war fighting.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the reason some of the "kids" I saw when I were having a hard time coping with war was because they were not mentally prepared for the reality of it all.

Like I always say, there's no re-spawn in RL (real life).

IMO, if these kids spend 10k on this shit and end up trained to keep their effing fingers off their triggers, it was all worth it. I don't know how many stories I've heard about someone having a negligent discharge because they never were trained or practiced safe firearm handling. At least these guys are getting that part of it.

What would REALLY be pathetic is if a grown man was doing this just for fun. I understand using airsoft for training, that's smart, but for just playing commando is rediculous....but then again, look at how many people spend 10k or better to do nothing more than punch holes in paper at 1000 yards. It's all perspective and what you want to do with your money, I guess.