• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF is wrong with the USN?

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Central Texas
Just seeing a story on Fox news about some USN forces (USNS Choctaw County and USS Sirocco) being chased and passing within 50 yards or so by Iranian gun boats in a threatening manner while transiting the Straits of Hormuz and supposedly our guys only fired some warning flares. Why the fuck are we not lighting these M'fos up with at least small/medium arms. I guess it's the new "gender trained navy".
Fucking pussies. If I were the skipper I'd say fire away and my pension/admiral's mast be damned.
Somebody needs to put all these fuckers in their place.
Hey @German, you got that navy going yet? I bet there are a bunch of us old fucks with not much to lose that would sign up. I've been running boats since I was a kid and still know how to dead reckoning navigate with a sextant and a compass.

Just seeing a story on Fox news about some USN forces (USNS Choctaw County and USS Sirocco) being chased and passing within 50 yards or so by Iranian gun boats in a threatening manner while transiting the Straits of Hormuz and supposedly our guys only fired some warning flares. Why the fuck are we not lighting these M'fos up with at least small/medium arms. I guess it's the new "gender trained navy".
Fucking pussies. If I were the skipper I'd say fire away and my pension/admiral's mast be damned.
Hey @German, you got that navy going yet? I bet there are a bunch of us old fucks with not much to lose that would sign up. I've been running boats since I was a kid and still know how to dead reckoning navigate with a sextant and a compass.

giphy (18).gif

Oh shit, the internet toughs are back out.

This shit has literally been going on for years...you know...back when you were young enough to have been able to do something about it.

I shall now sit back and wait for the correction from those that have zero ROE experience.

This is not the military from a decade ago, hell it isn't even five years ago. The leadership of today's military is working to deliver our armed forces to Chinese control and turn our service members into slaves for China. Do you think that 400 pound tub of shit, General Milly or that stupid black idiot they put in charge have a half a sack between them????

I'm betting on a major terrorist attack, paid for by Russia and Iran within US borders, before election day. Then the media will scream we must leave the left in power to protect the nation. I bet 100,000 communist combatants have walked into America across the southern border since Jan 2021 and I'm willing to bet they are being armed, trained and hidden by the FBI, DNC and funded by payments from people like George Soros.

Only an idiot like Biden thinks this will end well.

We're the united states....we should be able to handle the Iranian navy on ANY terms.

Hell , I'm pretty sure me, thegerman, and sirhr could take the Iranian navy....I know damn well sirhr has a fucking 18th century battleship somewhere he's planning on restoring

Fuck, the Iranians couldn't even manage to sink a mock us battle ship DESIGNED to sink
Don't give your enemies what they want...
They are trying to get a reaction.

Seems to me that the USS Cole captain had the same mind set.
Jimmy Carter ordered the Marines not have ammo in front of the barracks in Beirut.

How did those work out ?

Reactions: T-dog
What did you do when a dog nips you?

You don't ignore it, you correct the behavior by teaching the dog there will be consequences for bad behavior...

...same is true here, you harass a USN ship, we sink your ship ...as well as any ship coming to render aid....

If they press the issue we sink the entire fleet.

You teach them there are consequences for their actions...

You knock on the Devil's door long enough...sooner or later someone's going to answer you.

By doing nothing you embolden them to escalate their "attention seeking"

You do not maintain your power by letting people continue to take little bites of you
This not a dog but regime trying to cause an incident. Should we take down every soviet and chinese jet or bomber that gets to close? Sure it would feel good but actions have consequences.
I have personally found that while shooting at trespassers on my land feels good it sometimes causes more hassle's than it's worth.

Reactions: shoobe01

This a similar to the peaceful protestors always pushing for a reaction from their "opponents" but almost never actually going full in. They know full what what would happen if they did and its the same thing here. Those fast boats would be drift wood quick right and in a hurry if they decided to duke it out with those USN ships. Its grandstanding and propaganda for the homeland nothing more.

Am much as my nature says to shoot first, ask questions later, provoking an international incident with a nation that's clearly hostile to us, who has the potential to shut down the straight of hormuz, I think the Iranians are looking for any excuse to launch their anti-ship missiles at our ships, and spark an incident where they get to bang the war drums and play the victim card claiming we they attacked first. If they shut down the straight, the global economic impact will be pretty significant. Iran can and would attack US interests in the region, as well as our ally Israel.

We should give them the proverbial kick in the dick, but it's not going to yield the results we would prefer.

Anyone remember whether they did this shit under trump? Or was it just with Obama and Poopypants? I don't remember.

Branden

Reactions: stefan73 and DIBBS
We're the united states....we should be able to handle the Iranian navy on ANY terms.

Hell , I'm pretty sure me, thegerman, and sirhr could take the Iranian navy....I know damn well sirhr has a fucking 18th century battleship somewhere he's planning on restoring

Fuck, the Iranians couldn't even manage to sink a mock us battle ship DESIGNED to sink
We called them Frigates back then…

Sirhr

So.
Protecting US Naval assets is a "boomer" thing now ?

I guess we can all relax eh ?
Good thing shit is in your generations hands.

Me?
I say light em up.

How much time you got in combat chief? Lol

Pretty sure Biden is a boomer could be wrong... Pretty sure most admirals were probably born before 83 could also be wrong.... Seems like boomers are pretty much in charge of that whole situation....

tmp.gif

This is apparently the Iranian Navy
iranian.jpeg

A frigging .380 would sink that.

Isn't this the Bond Villains boat? If you can really call Pierce Brosnan "Bond"
Choctaw.jpeg

Am much as my nature says to shoot first, ask questions later, provoking an international incident with a nation that's clearly hostile to us, who has the potential to shut down the straight of hormuz, I think the Iranians are looking for any excuse to launch their anti-ship missiles at our ships, and spark an incident where they get to bang the war drums and play the victim card claiming we they attacked first. If they shut down the straight, the global economic impact will be pretty significant. Iran can and would attack US interests in the region, as well as our ally Israel.

We should give them the proverbial kick in the dick, but it's not going to yield the results we would prefer.

Anyone remember whether they did this shit under trump? Or was it just with Obama and Poopypants? I don't remember.

Branden
042A52EE-1051-4C98-BF8C-06280B4E26A6.jpeg
Yea they tried to fuck around with Trump then this started happen and they quit.

I shall now sit back and wait for the correction from those that have zero ROE experience.
Yep. I am not, nor was I ever in the military. However, my brother has been in two branches of the service in positions that I would consider pretty high risk. When he explained to me what some of their rules of engagement were in some instances I was really surprised.

I don't know how close that thing actually got, but you would think there would be some type of range limit even on a small vessel that is approaching a ship. I am no expert, but I think you could get a pretty big bomb on a pretty small ship if you needed to. No clue what the blast radius would be, but 50 yards seems pretty close. Especially given what happened with the USS Cole, I would think someone gets close and all bets are off.

Anyone remember operation praying mantis back in 1988?

Last edited:
Jimmy Carter Beirut….

When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
So, it wasn't Jimmy Carter that began removing live ammo....and even empty magazines.... from soldiers doing guard duty ?
Regan just didn't change the rule that Carter put in place.

So, I guess the Germans really did bomb Pearl Harbor huh ?

I guess you had to be there....or at least alive, at that point in time.

If our ships still had hulls like the old battle ships it would a simple steering maneuver and a condolences letter to there government.
But todays ships seem to be a little light...

Oh shit, the internet toughs are back out.

This shit has literally been going on for years...you know...back when you were young enough to have been able to do something about it.

Yep. Watched it from many a 50 cal or 25mm for 20 years. I’m surprised they fired flares at all. My last SoH transit they got to 73 yards (via lrf) and we didn’t do shit but blast the whistle and this was when Trump was president.

I'd like to see these little Iranian boats, about the size of a decent Gulf fishing boat in Destin, take on a real boat like say an Iowa class, South Dakota class, or North Carolina class. It could be pay-per-view. That shit that blew a hole in the USS Cole I dare say may not have even dented one of these big boys. (Summizing of course).

You guys ever think we should get the fuck out of the rest of the world’s shit and let them handle their own business. 99% of the threads here are about how the federal gov is overstepping it’s boundaries and won’t leave you alone. And yet nobody has thought the rest of the world has had enough of our shit and wants us fucking gone? Or even connected those thoughts together?

You guys ever think we should get the fuck out of the rest of the world’s shit and let them handle their own business. 99% of the threads here are about how the federal gov is overstepping it’s boundaries and won’t leave you alone. And yet nobody has thought the rest of the world has had enough of our shit and wants us fucking gone? Or even connected those thoughts together?
We will have to get out of the rest of the world look at the Navy's new weapon system, I think friendly fire incidents will takeout our side .......
qzvm5us2vlz61.jpg

Reactions: JPC13 and The D
You train them both the same

Yes we should...China and Russia can't win a war against the US, and they know it.

Also neither would go to war over a downed jet.....but guess what they would stop doing....sending jets to harass us

That is because you are not the one in power in this scenario....

"it is much safer to be feared than loved because ...love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails." -The Prince

This has nothing to do with what "feels good"
You know, I'm not suggesting we provoke anything. The fact is the Iranians are the ones doing the provocative actions.
So hey, if you fuck with the bull sometimes you'll get the horn.

You know, I'm not suggesting we provoke anything. The fact is the Iranians are the ones doing the provocative actions.
So hey, if you fuck with the bull sometimes you'll get the horn.
It's always the one that punches back that draws the foul...

How much time you got in combat chief? Lol

Pretty sure Biden is a boomer could be wrong... Pretty sure most admirals were probably born before 83 could also be wrong.... Seems like boomers are pretty much in charge of that whole situation....

View attachment 7896456
Wait, when did '83 become the cutoff for boomer?

You know, I’ve flopped on this a time or 2. Potato in chief is showing us what that looks like right now and it’s not going super well.

I now prefer the bigger hammer theory

Reactions: tomcatmv
You know, I’ve flopped on this a time or 2. Potato in chief is showing us what that looks like right now and it’s not going super well.

I would consider our intervention in Ukraine to be extreme in nature actually. Money and weapons and all the Ukranians have to do is the dying? Yeah - thats a LOT of intervention.

I'm a fan of a) nuclear proliferation. We should deliver nukes to Taiwan, Japan, Ukraine etc. $x dollars on the head. Enjoy. and then b) fuck off rest of world. if you don't produce shit we need we don't talk to you. end of story.

This is not the military from a decade ago, hell it isn't even five years ago. The leadership of today's military is working to deliver our armed forces to Chinese control and turn our service members into slaves for China. Do you think that 400 pound tub of shit, General Milly or that stupid black idiot they put in charge have a half a sack between them????

I'm betting on a major terrorist attack, paid for by Russia and Iran within US borders, before election day. Then the media will scream we must leave the left in power to protect the nation. I bet 100,000 communist combatants have walked into America across the southern border since Jan 2021 and I'm willing to bet they are being armed, trained and hidden by the FBI, DNC and funded by payments from people like George Soros.

Only an idiot like Biden thinks this will end well.
I don’t disagree at all with what you are saying, but the RNC is on it as well. You always leave them out. You shouldn’t.

Turn off mainstream media . It’s 100% propoganda .
The USA probably bought the Iranians the boats they were in and trained them.
Just another distraction.
THE WORLD IS A STAGE.

Not that I'm a huge fan of Teddy R. for a number of reasons, but he did say "Speak softly and carry a big stick".
I say if the fricking ayatollahs/mullahs/Iranian guard pushes any more, they get the big stick. And yes I'm a boomer who didn't serve other than in a civilian capacity in support of the USN nuke program as I've stated in a couple other threads here. And, I wasn't meaning to denigrate the USN in general as some of the Navy nuke guys I worked with were some of the most focused, serious "don't fuck with us" attitude guys I've ever been around.
Sorry for the rant but yeah, this old contractor/cowboy is tired of seeing us getting fucked with and the third Obama term letting it happen.
Y'all know what happens when you let a bully have his way unless you stand up and punch him right in the face HARD.

I don’t disagree at all with what you are saying, but the RNC is on it as well. You always leave them out. You shouldn’t.

I don't like them much either but the DNC is far worse.

My one major complaint with the RNC is that will all the intelligent people in the country and so many intelligent people on the right, they consistently fucking fail to articulate a platform or form a position that is supportive of the vast majority of people who think EXACTLY like they claim to think.

I'm still waiting for a Republican to demand a criminal or mentally unhinged 18 y/o idiot be held accountable for their gun stupidity. Or to point out that according to the damned GAO 33 states straight up refuse to provide mental health information or drug history to the NICS system.

This has been going on for years. My brother was on the destroyer USS Stout 20+ years ago. Not sure what his title was but he was weapons radar for the ships Ageis system. He said Iranian migs would make runs on them all the time and they weren’t even allowed to turn the weapons systems on.