• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

WTF, list of all NY permit holders.

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
I love that my address is published for all to see, spew their anti-gun views on, or to simply try and rob

List of NY pistol permit holders

How in the hell can my permit be public record? That seems to be inviting people to get robbed.

Oh well, times are tough, ammo is expensive, warning shots shall not be fired.

Re: WTF, list of all NY permit holders.

I bet there is some ground for a lawsuit on that one. I would atleast look into it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet there is some ground for a lawsuit on that one. I would atleast look into it. </div></div>
Law suits will not effect the main issue at all, you have to play <span style="font-weight: bold">On or above the level</span> they do.
Gun owners have always been reactionary, and have allowed this to happen, it's time to promote "First Strike" and be Pro active.

I think I'd be arranging a garage sale for her next weekend.
Some fliers, posters with directions, old lawn mower in the driveway to kick it off.
Grab a six pack, sit back and watch.

People are freaking amazing. I would seek action against that POS.

Who cares?! Your address is public knowledge. Besides, if you own a mortgage your name and address are but a click away.

The idea that people would rob you simply because you own a gun makes no sense. What's the stat.: 40% of homes, maybe 60% of homes have guns in them? Responsible gun owners are more likely to lock-up their guns and make them hard to steal anyway.

For me it isn't so much the worry of robberies but the intent behind it is to stigmatize and label gun owners as if that act alone is worth being singled out for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares?! Your address is public knowledge. Besides, if you own a mortgage your name and address are but a click away.

The idea that people would rob you simply because you own a gun makes no sense. What's the stat.: 40% of homes, maybe 60% of homes have guns in them? Responsible gun owners are more likely to lock-up their guns and make them hard to steal anyway. </div></div>

I do. The idea that any information, that helps a criminal, is ok makes no sense unless you are one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares?! Your address is public knowledge. Besides, if you own a mortgage your name and address are but a click away.

The idea that people would rob you simply because you own a gun makes no sense. What's the stat.: 40% of homes, maybe 60% of homes have guns in them? Responsible gun owners are more likely to lock-up their guns and make them hard to steal anyway. </div></div> I do. The idea that any information, that helps a criminal, is ok makes no sense unless you are one. </div></div>Hmmm... A call to limit all information that a criminal might use because a criminal might use it. I think the Jesuits started that trend - in the mid-1500s. It's a workable solution from the same people who brought you the assault weapons ban.

Question: How do you make a Venetian blind?
wink.gif

Ok riddle me this. How would that information benefit a law abiding citizen in any way? No one puts that much effort into something without a reason. If there are no good deeds that can be done with such information, then the intent must not be to make anyone's life better. Fucking decency and discretion is not too much to ask for. While I would never say the paper doesn't have a right to print the shit, I will never say I'm ok with it. The real issue here is why the fuck is that public record? I know nothing about what constraints are placed on legal privacy, but this just doesn't jive with the law of common sense.

I guess the interior styling stuff is over my head... Is the blind question suppose to have an answer that makes reference to something being two-fold?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InoRham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a couple bloggers decided to find info on the newspaper folks...
http://christopherfountain.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/sauce-for-the-goose/
</div></div>
From the user "Sam Malone" on the link...
"We who have been exposed by the National Enquirer of Westchester (a.k.a The Journal News) should apply en masse for FULL CARRY permits since we now can “demonstrate need”. If we are denied then a class action tort against Westchester County to demand issuance of Full Carry for all Westchester County Handgun Permit owners.
By placing a map with our personal information on the internet, the Gannett rag has given a shopping list to thugs, criminal mutts, amateur thieves, teenage wannabes and terrorists. Each and every time we leave our homes we never know what we’ll find when we return. Am I going to get accosted as I enter or leave my home? Will I find a gun to my head as I try to open my door? Will I have middle of the night visitors? What about my Aunt, whose house is identified, and whose husband died over 5 years ago and no longer owns his handgun? How do we protect her?
Boycott the JN, tell the businesses you patronize that you will no longer be reading nor buying that rag so they will be wasting their advertising dollars. It’s time for economic warfare against these “journalistic” whores.
Last but not least call all the numbers given and wish them a Merry Christmas from a 2nd Amendment supporter, who protects their right to abuse the 1st amendment."

That is just poetic justice right there. Wonder how they feel now. Even pics of inside there home. A lot of the Facebook pages have been deleted. ROFLAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares?! Your address is public knowledge. Besides, if you own a mortgage your name and address are but a click away.

The idea that people would rob you simply because you own a gun makes no sense. What's the stat.: 40% of homes, maybe 60% of homes have guns in them? Responsible gun owners are more likely to lock-up their guns and make them hard to steal anyway. </div></div>

Using that logic, I fail to understand why your whole name and address aren't used as your handle here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Using that logic, I fail to understand why your whole name and address aren't used as your handle here. </div></div>Like Lindy and others here I post under my real name. Like Frank and Mike, Kevin and Kraig and Rob and Jason, people here know who I am. When I work I also work under my real name: My clients know who I am; the criminals I deal with know who I am, too.

Do your customers know who you are and/or where your business is open to the public? Because if so, your personal information is but one click away:
http://www.zabasearch.com/

I'm not saying that publicly posting the addresses of all NY permit holders is a good thing, but I am saying that it's neither a secret nor is someone's name and address hard to find. It is remarkable how many people who say they fully support the first and second amendments suddenly whine when that same right doesn't directly benefit them. It's called situational ethics, it's the same logic that the banning crowd uses to say that we don't need AR15s and it's both narrow-minded and short-sighted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Using that logic, I fail to understand why your whole name and address aren't used as your handle here. </div></div>Like Lindy and others here I post under my real name. Like Frank and Mike, Kevin and Kraig and Rob and Jason, people here know who I am. When I work I also work under my real name: My clients know who I am; the criminals I deal with know who I am, too.

Do your customers know who you are and/or where your business is open to the public? Because if so, your personal information is but one click away:
http://www.zabasearch.com/

I'm not saying that publicly posting the addresses of all NY permit holders is a good thing, but I am saying that it's neither a secret nor is it hard to find. It is remarkable how many people who say they fully support the first and second amendments suddenly whine when that same right doesn't directly benefit them. It's called situational ethics, it's the same logic that the banning crowd uses to say that we don't need AR15s and it's both narrow-minded and short-sighted. </div></div>

Graham,

My point can not have been lost on you. Your response is honest and inarguable but nevertheless misses my point. A major point of the concealed weapon license is the covert nature of it: Concealed. Thus far more than the consequences of burglary, home invasion or other criminal mischief is at hand in making public the identities and addresses of CCL holders.

The purpose of publishing these identities and addresses is based purely on stone cold meanness under the canard of "The Public's right to know"; an amazingly elastic concept determined and referee'd by the media-industrial complex. It should be interesting to see the cries of foul offered by Mr. Worley at the attention his residence will now receive.

That's different after all...

The intent of publication was malicious for sure. I'm simply saying that any real negative effect exists mostly in the minds of the permit holders.

Besides it's not a license to covertly acquire a pistol, it's a license to carry a concealed pistol. The fact that I have a permit to carry a gun tells a criminal what, exactly: That I might or might not have a handgun, maybe concealed or maybe at home? Whatever message it gives it's not even as immediate or as definite a message as a job, or a uniform, or a badge would give them.

I find it ironic that the same people who argue that criminals don't care about gun laws are suddenly concerned that a criminal might be able to discover whether they might or might not be legally (as opposed to illegally) carrying a concealed weapon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SquarePizza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love that my address is published for all to see,... That seems to be inviting people to get robbed.</div></div>Or, by the very same logic, it is perhaps inviting other people to get robbed instead.

A local radio host down here in houston posted the names and addresses of all the editors, managers, VP's and everybody else who is important with production of that publication in retaliation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SquarePizza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love that my address is published for all to see,... That seems to be inviting people to get robbed.</div></div>Or, by the very same logic, it is perhaps inviting other people to get robbed instead. [/quote]

by publishing permit holders the non permit holders were also published.

The thugs now know who has a weapon and who dose not. Wonder what house they will choose? MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The intent of publication was malicious for sure. I'm simply saying that any real negative effect exists mostly in the minds of the permit holders.

Besides it's not a license to covertly acquire a pistol, it's a license to carry a concealed pistol. The fact that I have a permit to carry a gun tells a criminal what, exactly: That I might or might not have a handgun, maybe concealed or maybe at home? Whatever message it gives it's not even as immediate or as definite a message as a job, or a uniform, or a badge would give them.

I find it ironic that the same people who argue that criminals don't care about gun laws are suddenly concerned that a criminal might be able to discover whether they might or might not be legally (as opposed to illegally) carrying a concealed weapon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SquarePizza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love that my address is published for all to see,... That seems to be inviting people to get robbed.</div></div>Or, by the very same logic, it is perhaps inviting other people to get robbed instead. </div></div>

Your first sentence is the only unequivocal thing I take from this nasty bit of "journalism". Nothing good will come of this and while we differ on the likelihood of outcomes from it, the lack of anything positive, useful, edifying, constructive, safety enhancing, etc., I find that efforts to dismiss the concerns of those identified are unpersuasive at best.

No insult to you but the efforts of the people who have done this in the past and continue to attempt to in other markets are based purely on malice masquerading as journalism.

There is more journalism in a high school newspaper than there ever was in that birdcage liner.

Yellow journalism indeed.

Sometimes we forget there are rights that work in each and every case, unfortunately speech, press, religion, and being armed, (should you desire), are all equal. As are some of the other God given rights we have been endowed with by our creator, or nature, that the founders decided to limit government from interfering with.

At least they were.

KD has a great essay on why this all continues to happen.

We submit to it.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=215297

sean and yes my last name is hofhine, like I'm fucking scared of you knowing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hofhine1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes we forget there are rights that work in each and every case, unfortunately speech, press, religion, and being armed, (should you desire), are all equal. As are some of the other God given rights we have been endowed with by our creator, or nature, that the founders decided to limit government from interfering with.

At least they were.

KD has a great essay on why this all continues to happen.

We submit to it.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=215297

sean and yes my last name is hofhine, like I'm fucking scared of you knowing </div></div>

This.

Transparency is entirely democratic, but in this case it can also be used as a partisan weapon.

It's a shame that the media has diverged from its primary task of reporting the news to sensationalist journalism and opining on issues rather than sticking to the facts and letting readers decide how to interpret the data.

I was reading the comments on the New York Times article on this and I was completely taken aback. The ignorance and pure hate of gun owners is completely baffling. Blind following and generalizations are a plague facing both liberals and conservatives and some pragmatism could go along way in this country.

John Miller, perhaps the only sane person at CBS, had an interesting observation. Something like 40% (not sure where he got the figure) of the permit holders in that area are retired law enforcement. Additionally there are active cops and correctional officers included as well. Seems like the paper gave a bad guy with a grudge (think correction officers specifically) a real helping hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John Miller, perhaps the only sane person at CBS, had an interesting observation. Something like <span style="font-weight: bold">40%</span> (not sure where he got the figure) of the permit holders in that area are retired law enforcement. Additionally there are active cops and correctional officers included as well. Seems like the paper gave a bad guy with a grudge (think correction officers specifically) a real helping hand. </div></div>

It might even be more like 60%. NYC at one point had eased residency requirements and it was no accident that so many flocked to outlying counties.

The Tennessee lists have been published several times.

I don't remember which newspaper it was. But one reporter and the owner got hijacked in their own parking area and got the snot beat out of them by multiple mask wearing bad guys on foot.

There haven't been that many lists published since then. At least that I know of.

Its coming. Cuomo in NY has already started talking about gun bans. The media is complicit in the drive to discredit all lawful owners. Did anyone hear in the news reports that the 1994 Clinton "assualt weapons" ban was in effect in CT because they adopted it as state law. Or that the scumbag who set the firefighters up was posessing a weapon illegally?

We can no longer be satisfied by posting our outrage at those who would disarm us. Get in the fight, make a donation, convert some lib-tards.. Or at least be perpated to tell them "come and get them".