• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

cookietheswede

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Southgate, KY
I buy one simple .22lr suppressor. And the next thing I know I have a .308 suppressor, a 9mm suppressor, and a SBR lower in the works.

NFA items should come with a warning! I need to go to a meeting or something before I am living under a bridge with my guns.

I new I should have tried cocaine instead!

Re: WTF!!

I remember telling my gun dealer, oh, I don't care anything about suppressors, I just don't see the point. Then I bought one can for a 223. Now like you, I have other NFA items in the works. They are addicting.

It is nice to shoot without all the noise and the recoil reduction for certain calibers.

Went with LEO sign off. The sheriff here is great. If he is in he will sign it right a way. If he is out for the day he will sign it first thing in the morning. I have never waited more than overnight. And the deputes will finger print you no problem. Amazingly this is the easiest part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually had the opposite problem...the corrections facility houses the fingerprint machine and I kept getting asked to come back another day due to feeding the inmates.

After 3 days in a row I confronted them and said to get it done now! I would see 3 corrections personnel standing around every time which really erk'd me...took five minutes and they charged me $10. And while I was being printed more than half a dozen officers came and went...noone carrying food in or hauling trays or anything out. I understand there are security SOP's...but when I'm standing next to an inmate cuffed less than 6" from me and he's looking to use the phone and basically noone is watching him. You can't tell me they were busy.

The sheriff's signature took 24hrs to clear...that's fine...but wasting 3 trips for 5 minutes of work. Come on... </div></div>

Where I live the sheriff signed off on it without any problem and then one of my buddies (a cop) went to go get my finger prints and we were bs'ing and about 30 minutes later saw my dad coming in for a dui.

LEO signoff was the easiest part of whole process. Sheriff didn't even know KS had passed class 3 possession laws. Told me I was the 1st to even ask about it, he checked and confirmed the new law and signed me off. Even gave me a fingerprint card for free!

Now the Form 4 wait was the killer.

So then it's a normal set of circumstances...Whew

I thought I might have "issues"

Bought a can now I have 3 SBR's and three more cans in the works

I guess I'll continue to do my part to go the extra mile to shore up the national debt