• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors WTK: Blackout w cast bullets & leupold scope

oprod1

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2007
Im wondering what the speed and weight of bullet was used when luepold came up with their (subsonic) reticule for the acc blackout? Has anyone tried this with cast bullets of the popular 240 gr size and if so how did the trajectory work out? My thunderbeast can should be here soon!!!

Re: WTK: Blackout w cast bullets & leupold scope

Not sure about lead bullets with a can but I would be curious to hear others feedback.

I would not recommend shooting cast bullet through any rifle suppressor. You will fill your can up and like other rifle cans, the Thunderbeast does not come apart for cleaning. Even with soft point ammo you will leave lead in your can which will render it less effective over time.

Question 1
They used the Sierra 220 SMK @ 1,035fps

Question 2
Cast subsonic bullets that are the propper hardness and properly lubricated, will not cause any ill effects.
I run a 10" Noveske in 300 BLK with a TBAC 30P1 and 247 grain cast boolits and the only residue is minimal tumble libel.
The lune can be rinsed out with a solvent if need be.
I just run a couple boxes of 308 through the 30P1 and let it do the work for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kill Box ALPHA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would not recommend shooting cast bullet through any rifle suppressor. You will fill your can up and like other rifle cans, the Thunderbeast does not come apart for cleaning. Even with soft point ammo you will leave lead in your can which will render it less effective over time. </div></div>

Maybe I am just not finding it but I couldn't find any documentation at Thunderbeast saying not to shoot lead bullets. The only thing I found was not to use the can on a 240B for obvious reasons. This sounds like a question to be passed onto the folks at Thunderbeast.

Shooting cast was not the question so much as the parameters. Why have so many folks gone with 247 grain bullets over the 220 grainers? Is it a stability issue?

The 247 NOE Boolit is more dense than a jacket bullet.
It is much more about getting a projectile that works well in AR magazines, feeds properly, has good terminal balistics and at the same time, casts well.