• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

WTK: Remington 700 SPS Tact. AAC-SD questions

ChrisNCT

A Connecticut Shooter
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009
Naugatuck, CT USA
I just aquired one of these Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 AAC-SD rifles. It is a 1 in 10" Twist rifling out of a 20" Barrel. I threw it into a 1.5 AICS stock, attached a 7.62 AAC 51-tooth Muzzle Break , and added the Badger Bolt Knob. sonn it will be getting a AAC 7.62-SD suppressor for it.

Just have a couple questions for those that may have one already....

What kind of groups are you getting with it and with what type of ammo/distance?

With this 1 - 10" twist rate, what types of bullets will this stabilize? Heavier & Sub-sonic Bullets?

Re: WTK: Remington 700 SPS Tact. AAC-SD questions

I just got one as well and tried Black Hills 180gr Nosler AccuBond out to 100yrds. I was getting clover leafing the shots. I did not get out the calipers. When I get the new scope on it, I should do even better.

308TargetJPG.jpg

The 1-10" is excellent for the heavier or longer bullets.

155 scenars, 168 match all the way up to the 208 grain A-max.

Mine is shooting 3/4" groups at 100 with both 165 sgk's and 168 smk's. I changed out the stock for a B&C and am very happy with it. Gun is most likely capable of better, but I am not very skilled to say the least. Thinking about trying some 175 smk's soon for giggles. I like the 165 sgk's and 168 smk's because the POI does not shift much between the 2. This guns primary role is to whack bambi and secondary role is to teach me to be a better marksman. So far it is doing both well. I will stress that I HATE the factory hogue stock. Fact is it is probably the key to keeping the price under $600 for them.

Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisNCT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
With this 1 - 10" twist rate, what types of bullets will this stabilize? Heavier & Sub-sonic Bullets?</div></div>

you want to use a 168gr up to a 220gr, nice gun, definetly sub moa up and beyond 1000

3/4 MOA 5 shot groups all day long with Federal gold medal match 175s here. Guns probably still better than I am. I'll let you know after I improve what it ends up being.

Thanks for the responses. I to am considering buying one of these rifles and have been looking for as much info as possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirago</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisNCT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
With this 1 - 10" twist rate, what types of bullets will this stabilize? Heavier & Sub-sonic Bullets?</div></div>

you want to use a 168gr up to a 220gr, nice gun, definetly sub moa up and beyond 1000 </div></div>

I seriously doubt any of those rifles are sub moa at 1000 and beyond with any bullet. Including ones covered with hocus pocus dust. Your statement is rather unrealistic.

^^^^^
Yeah it may be unrealustic but it's not because the rifle. A 1/2MOA rifle is a half MOA rifle at all the ranges it's caliber restricts it to. The real problem is the shooter. Just because you can get a half min group at 100 doesnt mean you'll do the same at even 300.

I picked one up on Monday. Now to start saving for glass, stock etc. I may to try and pick up a PSS take off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirago</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisNCT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

you want to use a 168gr up to a 220gr, nice gun, definetly sub moa up and beyond 1000</div></div>

What comic book have you been reading? Clearly, you don't know shit about what you're speaking of. Although you've only posted less than a dozen times, it would serve you well to do more reading and less posting because right now, you're only making your ignorance more apparent with each post.

look up my posts and attack me anyway you can, thnx, and yeah, it is, so learn how to shoot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirago</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisNCT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

you want to use a 168gr up to a 220gr, nice gun, definetly sub moa up and beyond 1000</div></div>

What comic book have you been reading? Clearly, you don't know shit about what you're speaking of. Although you've only posted less than a dozen times, it would serve you well to do more reading and less posting because right now, you're only making your ignorance more apparent with each post. </div></div>

just because you cant doesnt mean others cant it all comes down to the shooter and 1k with a 16" barrel has already been done so going to a 20" shouldnt be a problem

Question for anyone who owns this rifle. Is the Rifling 5 groove or 6 groove?

I just looked at mine and it looks like it is a 6 groove... but don't quote me
here are 3 shots at 100 from this weekend...
IMG_0277.jpg

5 shots at 100 yards with 168gr FGMM.

201112171603382.jpg

201112171559592.jpg

Got some 175gr SMKs from Southwest Ammunition on the way to see what they do at 1000.

I have one and mine likes 175 gr SMKs over 43.0 grains of Varget. I got .51 avg 5 shot group with the stock rifle at 100 yds. After a trigger change and a bedding job by Accurate Ordnance my groups went down to .37.
this pic is at 685 yrds using just a bipod and 2.5-10 vortex pst
[img:center]
700yrdgroup.jpg
[/img]

Nifty shooting. By chance, can you tell by looking down the muzzle if the barrel is 5 groove or 6 groove?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MattK287</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nifty shooting. By chance, can you tell by looking down the muzzle if the barrel is 5 groove or 6 groove? </div></div>

Six groove.