• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTK: the diffrence in black and green stock TRG's

SOLO LOBO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2008
Hazard ky
Me and a shooting bud. Went to the gun store, he got a new
in the box TRG 42 300WM. "Black stock" for $2350./
all the green ones are $1000./ or so more. Why?
Or were they just priced real low?

Re: WTK: the diffrence in black and green stock TRG's

That is a great price on a new TRG. The 300WM has been discontinued, may be why the good deal. The difference between
the stocks is the green ones are black stocks painted green.
Not worth the price difference, as a can of Krylon is only a couple bucks if you can't stand the black.

Re: WTK: the diffrence in black and green stock TR

That's what I was thinking 2, just paint.
Did not know the 300WM was discontinued.
Do you know why?
I was thinking of building a 300WM. But, now I'm thinking about
getting the other one they had.
Build or buy TRG 42?

That was a steal.

It was discontinued due to low sales. They still list it, but do not make it in standard production runs. Sako will only build them if they have a certain number ordered. You will not find a better deal on a TRG, go get it.

That was a damn good price for NIB.

Your buddy scored a TRG-42 for about a grand under what they normally sell for.. hard to compare a smokin' deal like that.

Holy hell $1,000...Really where can I get one?Any one know?

I think he means the Green stock TRGs were $1000 MORE than the black ones.....sorry to say $1000 for new TRG aint gonna happen...ever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gpowers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The difference between the stocks is the green ones are black stocks painted green.
</div></div>
You sure about that? Sako lists the black and green models as having significantly different weights.

Doesn't the green also have "phosphate" finish or some crap on it, I always thought that was the reason for the higher price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't the green also have "phosphate" finish or some crap on it, I always thought that was the reason for the higher price. </div></div>

I believe you can order the black stock with the phosphate action/barrel also.

Sako has changed some things since the first generation of TRGs came out. Things like:

1) bolt being "in the white" shiny steel (earlier TRGs) VS black (current)

2) 1/12 twist barrel for the 338LM (earlier) VS 1/10 twist (current)

3) Receiver has 4 holes for Picatinny rail (earlier) VS 6 holes (current)

4) Bipod has a narrower profile.

5) top of muzzle break has a flat machined on the back half.

6) now offering a "matte" finish.

7) now offering Tan as color option.

The green stock was supposedly made of a different heavier material and is supposed to be more reinforced than the black stock. Which is why Sako.Fi shows or showed the green stock as about a half pound heavier than the black. I don't know if this has changed currently.

The green stock is also what is supposedly issued to Finnish military.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The green stock was supposedly made of a different heavier material and is supposed to be more reinforced than the black stock. Which is why Sako.Fi shows or showed the green stock as about a half pound heavier than the black. I don't know if this has changed currently.

The green stock is also what is supposedly issued to Finnish military.</div></div>

I've heard this before, but never seen the actual physical differences illustrated or explained. Anyone have photos or information on the construction of each?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gpowers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The difference between the stocks is the green ones are black stocks painted green.
</div></div>
You sure about that? Sako lists the black and green models as having significantly different weights. </div></div>

I chipped the stock on my green TRG-22 and it is black under the
green. On a side note, anyone know how to get the sling mount out of the butt stock? The HK style eye.

The green stock is mechanically different than the black stock. You cannot add the folding stock to the black stock, only green stock.