• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

WTS Leupold Mk4 6.5-20x TMR

wigwamitus

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
LBJ
WTS Leupold Mk4 6.5-20x TMR

Price $700, shipped to CONUS
No trades

Payment Terms:
Wire - clears in under 24 hrs
Paper instruments must clear prior to shipping takes several days

Included: Box, sunshade, lens caps, Vortex Cant Bubble, scope and reticle manuals.

Pics of the scope:
48108873733_44cb9e02f7_k.jpg

48108822601_361e317868_k.jpg

48108887753_d457a8e3c1_k.jpg

Features: Diopter Adjustment, Parallax Adjustment. 0.1 per click mil turrets (M5) for elevation and windage. First Focal Plane. The mil-hash reticle is FFP. No zero stop. No Illumination. This is 30mm tube version.

I got this scope in 2014 but haven't used it much after getting newer scopes. Is was duracoted and much of the discount offered is due to that. I don't recall exactly what I paid for it, but for a long time it was my most expensive scope. It was somewhere in the $1,600 to $1,800 ball park, new, at that time.

I have used it some from Oct 2018-Jan 2019 on my buddies REM700 SPS TAC AAC-SD .308WIN(20) and that combination of rifle and this scope did amazingly well !
Group size average is 0.64 IPHY which exceeds all my gun/scopes during the same period. So the scope performs very well in the field.

45817028511_0249dfcc9b_k.jpg

My buddy agreed to let me shoot his rifle as he had left it out here and I volunteered to replace his cheapo scope base which had come loose on him twice when he was out here. I added my scope, bipod, suppressor and sling and gave it a try - and it out shot all my guns! I wound up getting one of those REM700 SPS TAC AAC-SD for myself !! :D

48108901726_ccac660479_b.jpg

2018 groups were 5 rd groups, 4 grps to the 20 rd box. Avg group size was 0.66 IPHY (not MOA).

48108948588_bf916aa7de_b.jpg

2019 groups are 3 rd groups with 2 sighters ... 6x3 rds groups + 2 sighters per 20 rd box. Avg group size 0.64 IPHY. Even counting a bad group which happened when the suppressor came loose.
(note I measure group sizes in 16ths of an inch).

Condition: Other than the cosmetic issue of the duracote, the scope is in flawless condition. Everything works and no issues.

I shoot a lot at night and have trained myself to dial without looking at the turrets even in the day time. I never look at the turrets except when setting the zero stop. But now that I use LRF on the rifles, I mostly use no dial scopes (like T3 reticle). But for dialing scopes, I have to range at 100yd zero on the elevation turret, then dial up and shoot, then dial back down to 100yds to range next target, then dial up to shoot, then dial back down to next target, then dial up to shoot etc. And doing that at night, quickly, without a zero stop, is beyond my poor olde brain. For those who do not have to dial quickly or who allow themselves to look at their turrets, the lack of a zero stop is not critical, but for me it is, hence I am selling.

Thanks for looking !

And PM with any questions !!