• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories WTS McMillan A4 and A3? for FN SPR / Winchester

Waorani

Crusty Caballero
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Greenbow, AL
The SPR thread got me digging through old stocks that I'll probably never use.

SOLD McMillan A4 - bought from someone here a few years ago. Seller had sent it back to McMillan for a "desert camo" repaint. Overall very good condition, couple of minor scuffs/marks from storage and has been bedded. The cheek rest knobs are rusted on the knurled edges and inside surface. McMillan doesn't have but I'll order a set from McMaster Carr. 6 QD cups - 3 front and 3 rear. $375 shipped - PP f/f, USPS MO, check.

IMG_0737.JPGIMG_0738.JPGIMG_0739.JPGIMG_0740.JPGIMG_0741.JPGIMG_0742.JPGIMG_0743.JPGIMG_0744.JPGIMG_0745.JPGIMG_0746.JPGIMG_0747.JPG

I believe this one is an A3. Also bought used from someone here. Overall good condition but has some scattered red speckles in finish. I believe it's the gel coat showing through on high texture spots that paint has worn a bit. Was also bedded at the lug and rear tang. Rear sling swivel was missing when I took pics but has been replaced. $350 shipped - PP f/f, USPS MO, check.

IMG_0748.JPGIMG_0749.JPGIMG_0750.JPGIMG_0751.JPGIMG_0752.JPGIMG_0753.JPGIMG_0754.JPGIMG_0755.JPG

Both are short actions and inlet for TBM/similar footprint bottom metal.

Last edited:
I think buyer was confused about A4 and I haven't heard from him in 24hrs so A4 is still available. Ordered the replacement thumb screws today and should have in hand tomorrow.

Someone buy this, Waorani is a great seller. I purchased an A3G for my SPR and it arrived in great condition. Fast shipping too and excellent communication!!!

Reactions: Waorani
Both are inlet for FN TBM/Winchester M70 wide mouth DBM (not included). Someone else asked about barrel channel - not sure on contour name but straight & 1.17" at end.

IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG

Ok, upon closer inspection, both barrel channels are very slightly tapered. Widths just in front of lug and at end:

A4 - 1.30 & 1.18
A3 - 1.29 & 1.19

Kind of hard to measure consistently given curves, texture, how you place calipers, etc but this should be pretty dang close.

Just wanted to double check but you did get a new set of screws for the a4 right? If so I’d be interested

Last edited: