• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics WTS: Nightforce NX8 1-8x24 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wading

Pugsley
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2019
Optic is in great condition with very slight marks, The faintest of ring marks can be see with the optic in hand and under the proper lighting. So faint pictures will not pick it up.
Comes as it came to me with lens caps, tool, manual, stickers, and cleaning cloth.
Priced is $1400 shipped.

Attachments

• 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    268 KB · Views: 145
  • 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: powdahound76
Anyone who has sent funds to this member, do what ever you can to get your funds back.

I have been provided with at least three different addresses members have sent checks to. And the IP is not coming back to the U.S.

Just a fwiw but he was asking me for info about a tremor 3 reticle and didn’t come across as a scammer.

Maybe someone stole his log in or ??? Hope not a scammer

9EC92EE3-5AE3-4656-9126-AF04A85732CA.png
3B22AFFD-A14A-472C-9F81-60CB3E8D5EBF.png

Reactions: Dthomas3523
I was approached by this member in PMs about selling me a c599 NF NX8 and after I asked for photos with proof of life (member ID'd timestamp) he himmed and hawed and then told me he was going to sell the scope to his brother. He seemed genuine but thought it was strange I never received those photos as the initial photos sent were immediate.

SCAMMER. 1700$ on a Leupold. Trying to pull back on PayPal business but never done it before.

sent a photo of a clearly doctored drivers license

You call the number he texts from it’s google voice not a phone. A middle eastern accent answered. I asked for Ibrahim (not john). The young guy said he’d be home soon and would be happy to get him to call me back.

Attachments

• 56DF7284-961F-435A-9206-F6105EA88161.png
    56DF7284-961F-435A-9206-F6105EA88161.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 81
  • F96CAB3C-740A-4CE9-8E79-6F4019596681.jpeg
    F96CAB3C-740A-4CE9-8E79-6F4019596681.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 46B9EFD3-910D-475D-A268-B2527982097E.jpeg
    46B9EFD3-910D-475D-A268-B2527982097E.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 99
SCAMMER. 1700$ on a Leupold. Trying to pull back on PayPal business but never done it before.

sent a photo of a clearly doctored drivers license

You call the number he texts from it’s google voice not a phone. A middle eastern accent answered. I asked for Ibrahim (not john). The young guy said he’d be home soon and would be happy to get him to call me back.

I hope these pieces of shit get fucked to death with a cactus.

I was also one of the unfortunate ones and am out $1800. I’ve been thinking though, this is a very long term, widespread play, with a lot of individuals involved on the scammer side. Seems like a lot of work to go through for $10-15k. Got me thinking that there might be a secondary plot here. I’d recommend everyone who exchanged info with these assholes lock their credit up for a bit and keep an eye out for identity fraud.

• Angry
Reactions: Edgecrusher
They have to have an American (or somebody that grew up here) as their primary communicator. It is not easy to tell this is a foreign operation. There was a misspelling here and there, but I misspell things form time to time. The only thing that jumped out at me was the majority of this users posts were all from this month, even though the join date was over a year ago.

From now on, if I can't get somebody else on the Hide to vet the seller, I'm not pulling the trigger. Fool me once, shame on you...

This is the name and address I was told to send the MO too.

Kenneth Feurt
8414 Woodland Rd, Charlestown, Indiana, 47111

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you can’t put a stop payment USPS money orders?? And ideas on how to get my money back?

This is the name and address I was told to send the MO too.

Kenneth Feurt
8414 Woodland Rd, Charlestown, Indiana, 47111

That's the name and address I got too. I sent USPS money orders certified, so I know somebody there had to physically sign for the letter.

Honestly, I think we're screwed.

See when you guys send tracking the shithole people that are prolly on welfare can wait around at that address and intercept the mail man.

So totally plausible an innocent third party lives at that address

See when you guys send tracking the shithole people that are prolly on welfare can wait around at that address and intercept the mail man.

So totally plausible an innocent third party lives at that address
I got a failure to deliver notice, so they probably picked up the little note on the door before the people got home and went to the PO to pickup the envelope.

When they ask for MO plus tracking is a HUGE red flag for me

Maybe I should have been more vigilant but I honestly didn't see that coming. I've bought and sold on here in years past and this guy, whoever it was knows how we do business and exactly what to say. This wasn't the Nigerian prince speaking. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this. That sorry faggot got all he's going to get from me. That old wheel will roll around again.

It’s my fault, I used to be extremely careful. But I’ve never had any issues on this site so I got lax.

Reactions: 81sfo
Yeah not blaming you guys for what happened. The scammers are getting smarter.

If I was king theft would be a death penalty offense.
There is much worse that is happening right now to others in this country, so I’ll look at the silver lining. But this has probably ruined the exchange section for me.

Reactions: Soupcan
Wow, as much buying/selling/trading scopes I've done lately I'm lucky I didn't get stung too. I usually think of SH as one of the better places to buy/sell.

Reactions: LongTatLaw
I have the date and time he signed for it at the post office in Indiana....think they would be able to pull the footage and figure out who this guy is?

That's the name and address I got too. I sent USPS money orders certified, so I know somebody there had to physically sign for the letter.

Honestly, I think we're screwed.
Did you send with tracking as well? If so did you get the same failure to deliver notice?

I was also one of the unfortunate ones and am out $1800. I’ve been thinking though, this is a very long term, widespread play, with a lot of individuals involved on the scammer side. Seems like a lot of work to go through for $10-15k. Got me thinking that there might be a secondary plot here. I’d recommend everyone who exchanged info with these assholes lock their credit up for a bit and keep an eye out for identity fraud.
I think this is a case of a regular member that got hacked

The two addresses I got were Illinois on the ID card and that same one you guys got.
But another guy sent a check to a girl in Kentucky who cashed them and cash ap’d it to an orphanage 🤔.

Similar incident happened to me today after I posted two wtb posts last night , a non member contacted me here saying to have each item for sale , there was no pms they had been deleted by the morning but I have the settings to send to my email and I emailed him . I didn't think nothing of it until I recognized one of the items on ebay and that seller was in Ohio and this guy claimed to be in Baltimore. When i asked about he said dont worry send me the money cash app you'll get the items. I did not send any money because I do not have the app but he sent a girls name to send Zelle . I didn't have a good gut feeling so I didn't go through with it. Then I read this thread later today holy chit .

Status
Not open for further replies.