• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics WTS Two PVS-9 KN203 SIMRADs

wigwamitus

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
LBJ
WTS Two PVS-9 KN203 SIMRAD

For sale are two SIMRADs and some accessories

50673520318_fdb7f62e77_k.jpg

50674292581_e2e5064f17_k.jpg

Each simrad comes with a softcase, a Quick Reference Card, a lens wipe packet, a beam splitter cover and an e-manual (which I'll email to the purchaser.

Each simrad is priced at $2,000 ... with $50 additional to cover 2nd day Fedex insured shipping to CONUS (yes the shipping will be a bit more, but I'll cover the extra).

In addition there is a hard case for another $100 ... and a spare beam splitter shade (not shown) ... and a custom inline mount (not shown, but which will require additional machine work to make it attach to either of these SIMRADs. I bought it from Cake5150, but have not have a chance to get the machine work done for my SIMRADs).
Hard case $100 ... will ship with the SIMRAD it is purchased with.
Spare beam splitter shade $50 ... will ship with the SIMRAD it is purchased with.
Custom inline mount $300 ... will ship with the SIMRAD it is purchased with.
Spuhr mount, one each for these SIMRADs. $50 each, will ship with the SIMRAD is it purchased with.
Note, one of these SIMRADs mounts with a notch ... and its Spuhr mount has a matching notch.
The other SIMRAD mounts with a pressure mount and so the Spuhr is not notched.
Also there is one hard copy manual, for $50, it will ship with the SIMRAD it is purchased with.

The SIMRAD with the notch is missing the accessory rail.
The SIMRAD which is not notched has the accessory rail.

I'll work on some more pics and get them up when I have them.

Payment Methods:

Check
Money Order
PPFF
Venmo
Wire

No trades.

Shipping will be $50 for each SIMRAD I will ship 2nd day FEDEX insured and I'll cover the rest of the shipping. The accessories are initially offered to be sold only to purchasers of the SIMRADs.

These are both clean units with amazing image.

Please PM with any questions

Thanks for looking !!

EDIT 001:
First attempts at thru lens pics not working out well.

50674678353_aff32a4494_k.jpg

(click on the pic to see it larger)

I'm just not able to hold the camera steady enough and/or in the correct 3D location to keep everything in focus. So I ordered a scope/phone mount thingy. I'll try that when it arrives.
In the mean time I'll see if I can at least take some pics against a blank wall so folks can see the tube.

I wrote the below to another person this morning, but I thought I'd share it here as well. This is sort of a summary of the pro and con of the SIMRADs.
==

The SIMRADs are optically fantastic. Right up there with the 27s on image, due to the 100mm lens on the SIMRADs.

Ergonomically they are less attractive because they must be MANUALLY collimated to each rifle/scope. Once collimated to that rifle scope, the dismount remount process is totally repeatable on that rifle. But if you need to move to another rifle, you must recollimate. That's probably a turn off for some folks. Collimation is achieved thru two adjusting screws found on the front end of the SIMRADs ... one for elevation and one for windage.
The offset between the optical center of the SIMRAD and the day scope is 3.75 inches. So if you are collimated perfectly, the POI will be 3.75 inches below the POA. To collimate, zero rifle with day scope at 100yds. Then At night, mount the SIMRAD and shoot and adjust the collimating adjustments until POI = POA - 3.75 inches (low). Then you will be hitting 3.75 inches low at all distances ... 100yds ... out to 1000yds ... you will be "parallel boresighted" so to speak. If more accuracy is needed for shots inside 300yds, you can hold up a bit.
The system is designed to be shot at primates that shoot back, but in general primates that shoot back are taller than they are wide, so the 3.75 inch offset isn't a barrier. I've been able to hit "face" at 500yds pretty consistently off a tripod. Face being 6x6 inch steel. And torso 12 x 18 inch ... is not a problem at all.

The strength of the SIMRADs is their optical quality and price. There no image out there even close to a SIMRAD for this price. And they can mount on bolt guns with out any sort of front end saddle mount or long rail. The down sides of the SIMRAD are the ergo nomics of having to collimate separately for each rifle and the lack of factory/warranty repair service. There is a network of folks that can repair them, but not in all cases. Like if you crack the front lens, well that unit is done. But then the idea is at these prices, just get another one.

Happy to try to answer other questions. One nice aspect is there are a number of folks with a zillion times more experience with these devices here on the forum and so plenty of support for them in the NV/Thermal subforum.

EDIT002

Ok, here are some more pics ... The first groups I'll call "unit #1" ... its the one on the left in the first two pics at the top of this thread. Its the one that does NOT have the notched recoil lug.

First a shot looking at blank wall, so you can see the tube.

50677625526_0b901cfe93_k.jpg

Then sides and top

50677929597_672bc51034_k.jpg

50677938022_a7cb3bb411_k.jpg

50677917426_7e586c233f_h.jpg

==
And unit #2 ... the unit with the notched recoil lug and the one on the right side in the two pics at the top of the thread.

50677991567_fec41dfb9a_k.jpg

50677175413_6ff23b517b_k.jpg

50677183468_9916e804ad_k.jpg

I never noticed before, but there is a tear in the rubber on the lens cover on unit #2. I think its manageable. Just keep it glued down with gorrilla glue as it is and it should be fine. I'll give some discount for that.

== End of Edit002

EDIT 003
Here's another pic of the inline mount

50687405387_ce19f0350f_3k.jpg

END OF EDIT 003

Last edited:
Incredible night vision capability for less than the price of a pvs14! Perfect clip on for a bolt action rifle. Great Price from a trusted seller! If I didnt have one already I would be buying one of these.

Reactions: BGE541
Is it possible, and practical, to take some good clear photos of the images produced by these two units?

Each simrad comes with a softcase, a Quick Reference Card, a lens wipe packet, a beam splitter cover and an e-manual (which I'll email to the purchaser.

Each simrad is priced at $2,000 ... with $50 additional to cover 2nd day Fedex insured shipping to CONUS (yes the shipping will be a bit more, but I'll cover the extra).

In addition there is a hard case for another $100 ... and a spare beam splitter shade (not shown) ... and a custom inline mount (not shown, but which will require additional machine work to make it attach to either of these SIMRADs. I bought it from Cake5150, but have not have a chance to get the machine work done for my SIMRADs).
Spare beam splitter shade $50 ... will ship with the SIMRAD it is purchased with.
Spuhr mount, one each for these SIMRADs. $50 each, will ship with the SIMRAD is it purchased with.
Note, one of these SIMRADs mounts with a notch ... and its Spuhr mount has a matching notch.
Also there is one hard copy manual, for $50, it will ship with the SIMRAD it is purchased with.

Payment Methods:

Check
Money Order
PPFF
Venmo
Wire

No trades.

Shipping will be $50 for each SIMRAD I will ship 2nd day FEDEX insured and I'll cover the rest of the shipping. The accessories are initially offered to be sold only to purchasers of the SIMRADs.

Thanks for looking !!

Last edited:
Ia it possible, and practical, to take some good clear photos of the images produced by these two units?

I think he’s working on it.

As someone who has a PVS-9 of his own, I would put the image on par with a PVS-27, possibly slightly better depending on your optics and individual tubes.

Reactions: StealthOwl
Bump.
Pics were added above in post #1 ...still more pics from outside to come, once I get a scope/camera adapter which I ordered and should arrive in another business day or so.

Thanks for looking !!

Bump, again, pics were added to post #1 Friday. Still waiting on camera to day scope adapter to arrive to take some thru lens pics.

Thanks for looking !

Unit #1 (with side rail) is SOLD. With one spuhr mount, one spacer and the unit's soft pouch.
Other items are still available
Thanks for looking !

Sent you an email.

Payment Methods:

Check
Money Order
PPFF
Venmo
Wire

No trades.

Thanks for looking !!

EDIT 001:

I'm just not able to hold the camera steady enough and/or in the correct 3D location to keep everything in focus. So I ordered a scope/phone mount thingy. I'll try that when it arrives.
In the mean time I'll see if I can at least take some pics against a blank wall so folks can see the tube.

I wrote the below to another person this morning, but I thought I'd share it here as well. This is sort of a summary of the pro and con of the SIMRADs.
==

The SIMRADs are optically fantastic. Right up there with the 27s on image, due to the 100mm lens on the SIMRADs.

Ergonomically they are less attractive because they must be MANUALLY collimated to each rifle/scope. Once collimated to that rifle scope, the dismount remount process is totally repeatable on that rifle. But if you need to move to another rifle, you must recollimate. That's probably a turn off for some folks. Collimation is achieved thru two adjusting screws found on the front end of the SIMRADs ... one for elevation and one for windage.
The offset between the optical center of the SIMRAD and the day scope is 3.75 inches. So if you are collimated perfectly, the POI will be 3.75 inches below the POA. To collimate, zero rifle with day scope at 100yds. Then At night, mount the SIMRAD and shoot and adjust the collimating adjustments until POI = POA - 3.75 inches (low). Then you will be hitting 3.75 inches low at all distances ... 100yds ... out to 1000yds ... you will be "parallel boresighted" so to speak. If more accuracy is needed for shots inside 300yds, you can hold up a bit.
The system is designed to be shot at primates that shoot back, but in general primates that shoot back are taller than they are wide, so the 3.75 inch offset isn't a barrier. I've been able to hit "face" at 500yds pretty consistently off a tripod. Face being 6x6 inch steel. And torso 12 x 18 inch ... is not a problem at all.

The strength of the SIMRADs is their optical quality and price. There no image out there even close to a SIMRAD for this price. And they can mount on bolt guns with out any sort of front end saddle mount or long rail. The down sides of the SIMRAD are the ergo nomics of having to collimate separately for each rifle and the lack of factory/warranty repair service. There is a network of folks that can repair them, but not in all cases. Like if you crack the front lens, well that unit is done. But then the idea is at these prices, just get another one.

Happy to try to answer other questions. One nice aspect is there are a number of folks with a zillion times more experience with these devices here on the forum and so plenty of support for them in the NV/Thermal subforum.

EDIT002

Ok, here are some more pics ... The first groups I'll call "unit #1" ... its the one on the left in the first two pics at the top of this thread. Its the one that does NOT have the notched recoil lug.

Then sides and top

==
And unit #2 ... the unit with the notched recoil lug and the one on the right side in the two pics at the top of the thread.

I never noticed before, but there is a tear in the rubber on the lens cover on unit #2. I think its manageable. Just keep it glued down with gorrilla glue as it is and it should be fine. I'll give some discount for that.

== End of Edit002

EDIT 003

END OF EDIT 003

Unit #2 is SPF with all remain accessories.

Thanks to everyone for participating !!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All !!!

Payment Methods:

Check
Money Order
PPFF
Venmo
Wire

No trades.

Thanks for looking !!

EDIT 001:

==

EDIT002

Then sides and top

==

== End of Edit002

EDIT 003

END OF EDIT 003

Just wondering if that in line mount is still available? If not can you tell me where I can get one? Thanks.

Sorry, I should have updated more diligently. Both are SOLD now. Thanks for checking !

Reactions: BGE541