• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics WTT: Bonkers Night Vision & Thermal Kit

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    ETA 29AUG2020: ADDED — Like NEW L3 LWTS-LR full kit with L3 Factory Warranty through OCT-2020!

So, I find myself with a glut of toys I just ain’t ever gonna use. It’s getting bad, and I admit to possibly having a slight hoarding “problem.” I’ve reached the point where I could probably kit an entire DEVGRU team.

Anyhoo... I’d like to see what’s out there in the Trade-O-Sphere. I *might* consider a cash sale, but I don’t like cash (I’m allergic to money) and I have separation anxiety issues, so I need a “thing” to fill the void left by the departing “thing.”

I’m sure y’all understand.

So, while I am attaching suggested trade value to each item, I’m all about the deal. Don’t be shy, everything is on the proverbial table and, as some of you know, I’m partial to bags of toenail clippings and garments made from genuine belly button lint.

Proposed Trade Value — Description — “NIB” = New in Box — Photos at bottom of post.

$4,000. — Flir/Armasight Command Pro 640 50mm Thermal Biocular. NIB.

$3,500. — BE Meyers MAWL C1+. Limited Edition ODG model. NIB. Never mounted.

$4,000. — Wilcox Raptar ES (Group Buy). NIB. Never mounted. GONE

$2,500. — BE Meyers FDE MAWL C1+. USED. In original box with all original paperwork. Works great, but should have propeller cap replaced because lenses are a little dirty. BEM will do it, no problem. I think they charge $200-300 to make it new again.

$5,000. — Tecna Eloptro LH-40 20km Laser Rangefinder (LRF). This is the Mac Daddy of UK/Euro Army-Issue LRFs and is built like a tank — literally. It’s smaller than the Vectronix unit by a considerable amount. It works great and has a well-done makeshift tripod mount that is rock-solid. It has a standard 7x optical magnification, but comes with an additional eyepiece to increase magnification. Comes in original issue pouch with a cable that is meant to interface with heavy mechanized guns (tanks, etc).

$4,000. — ATN Thor HD 640 100mm Dedicated Thermal Weapon Scope. Like new. Fewer than 100 hours use. Sealed in fitted Pelican. I know ATN gets shat upon, but this unit Works GREAT! I’ve watched field mice in freshly-hayed pastures at 200 yards with this thing. I’ve ID’ed coyotes at over 500 yards and humans at >1,000 yards. It hasn’t so much as hiccupped in the 3 years I’ve owned it.

$4,000. — L3 AN/PVS-24 / M2124 / CNVD (non-LR) night vision (GP) clip-on. Like new condition. Used under 30 hours. Spectacular GP tube, pristine, super-clean >1800 FOM tube. This is designed to be used with a 4x ACOG/Elcan or 1-6 LPVO. Super light and small, doesn’t chew-up a lot of rail or add much weight to your day rig. Perfect for 50-400 yards (all I ever do). Still has that new car smell! GONE!

$5,000. — iRAY MH25 (aka ChinaSkeet / CoronaSkeet) with PVS-14 modified eyepiece (still has original eyepiece too). Fewer than 10 hours use. All original accessories. LNIB
    . GONE

Plus I have some truly bonkers stuff that I probably don’t want to trade UNLESS you have something truly unique / valuable. If you see something in any photo(s) that are not in the above list, feel free to enquire, but I definitely do NOT want to sell, and any trade will have to be compelling, to say the least.

Now for the Faux Toes:

E62F3DC8-D211-4AD4-BD33-C06F1A6F9BBE.jpeg

B294EB3B-3E4C-4DBE-9486-9D0F2827CA45.jpeg

A13D05AA-08AB-48EA-B482-A4474C7E93B4.jpeg

709136E1-B9AC-47DD-B804-856EE1977C14.jpeg

7763BD14-D833-4E63-BFBD-DD2C02B1C8FB.jpeg

67052ED0-D155-4A9B-8352-C3334A52F391.jpeg

75F9619E-3A86-4734-9301-71CD9E649A46.jpeg

9DAA3F5C-462F-4AD3-A558-EEC751EAD840.jpeg

B5338765-9009-400F-9987-4999CB7FA3F2.jpeg

41EEBFD8-D9A1-4CD5-B46E-C2DE9DC02519.jpeg

B2176CD3-F695-457B-8D65-BEC933238A3F.jpeg

F7B72F86-250F-4C29-9ECF-F689A5787FD0.jpeg

Last edited:
    Other than your ass upside down in the swamp??

Still glad you are ok (hows the knee?) but its our duty to be ruthless.

• Haha
    Reactions: TheHorta
    Other than your ass upside down in the swamp??

Still glad you are ok (hows the knee?) but its our duty to be ruthless.

Knee swelling went down. Doc had an MRI done just to be sure. Looks intact. Feels much better now and I can move without breaking down in tears.

I’m such a wuss.

Done. The Flir ONE is officially yours upon my passing.

Provided my untimely death does not occur under suspicious circumstances. I know how you Hide bastards operate.
    and i was all cypherin the cornholius to yer 10 digit....

• Haha
    Interested in a straight up trade for a top tier Quigley-Ford scope for the UTC? They are well known here and have the backing of @Buddly as well as SH guys too!!!

A fresh Skeetir-x and fresh CRATOS for everything in your ninth Pic? Super interested in the object in the middle of the 10th pic as well

@TheHorta You selling that pvs27?

I'm either going to send it to Jay at Sure Shot once he perfects his technique for L3 UWP upgrade or I will trade it for sumpin'.

I have it out on loan to another forum dude. Not sure if he's had a chance to use it yet. I should probably check with him. 😋

Reactions: E-Tool and NHPiper
    I'm either going to send it to Jay at Sure Shot once he perfects his technique for L3 UWP upgrade or I will trade it for sumpin'.

I have it out on loan to another forum dude. Not sure if he's had a chance to use it yet. I should probably check with him. 😋

I was just talking with him about swapping tubes on a 30 last week.

Lemme know!

Humpty Bumpty!

Sending my 27 to Sure Shot for WP retube and Cerakote this week, so that’s off the table.

PVS-24/M2124/CNVD (non-LR) is GONE.
    Beater MAWL is available.
    NIB MAWL(s) in either FDE or Limited Edition ODG are available.
    Both NIB Raptar ES units are GONE!
    Both ChinaSkeets are GONE!
    One NIB ODG MAWL is GONE!
    ATN Thor HD 640 5x 100mm Thermal is available.
    Flir/Armasight Command Pro 640 50mm is available.
    20Km .MIL LRF is available.

ADDED: Like New L3 LWTS-LR under L3 factory warranty until OCT 2020!

I’m toying with the idea of slotting a couple of other “things” into the trade pool. Once my ENVG/FWSI comes home I may never use anything else, which means I’d have a safe chock-full of crazy expensive kit that may sit unused for years. While I like knowing it’s in there, it seems like that would be a shame. :unsure:

Last edited:
    I’m going to toss a like new, full factory kit L3 LWTS-LR into the trade ring. I’ll check the shot counter, but it should be very low. I’ll also post faux toes soon.

It’s still covered under L3 Factory Warranty through OCT-2020!

TRADE value will be $15K. Would do even trade for another Skeet. Otherwise, open up your trade Kimono and let’s see whatchu gots!

I’m going to toss a like new, full factory kit L3 LWTS-LR into the trade ring. I’ll check the shot counter, but it should be very low. I’ll also post faux toes soon.

It’s still covered under L3 Factory Warranty through OCT-2020!

TRADE value will be $15K. Would do even trade for another Skeet. Otherwise, open up your trade Kimono and let’s see whatchu gots!
    You should really get into super collectible custom 1911s.

20Km .MIL LRF is available.

Deets pls? Didn't see it in your main post but may have missed by accident.

Sorry, missed this.

It’s a British / EU .MIL unit. Alloy casing. 20km range. Works great, but more LRF than I’ll ever need. Got it on a whim via eBay. Comes with cable, pouch and tripod mount. Smaller than current Vectronix offerings. Tecna Eloptro sumpin’ er anutha.

B9660147-9B73-4EED-91A8-67355AAE9ED3.jpeg

ECD234D8-9EEA-417F-8986-556338BA12D1.jpeg

DEF9CD54-5EA0-4D7E-A1D6-7626B20E36C1.jpeg

F12A05E8-B129-452F-8D32-510581B76CF0.jpeg

7E87D52F-25A7-4BF8-9E2F-01BFD25BCFFA.jpeg

• Love
    Reactions: deersniper
    UPDATE: 21-SEPT-2020

Humpty Bumpty!

Sent my 27 to Sure Shot for WP retube and Cerakote. Once that returns, I’ll likely be keeping it.

PVS-24/M2124/CNVD (non-LR) is GONE!
    Beater MAWL is GONE!
    BOTH NIB MAWL(s) in either FDE or Limited Edition ODG are still AVAILABLE.
    ATN Thor HD 640 5x 100mm Thermal is AVAILABLE.
    20Km .MIL LRF is AVAILABLE.

ADDED: Like New L3 LWTS-LR under L3 factory warranty until OCT 2020! GONE! (Traded for this!)

77053DC5-93F1-4745-BEBC-FE93D83AEE38.jpeg

One more item I’m adding to the trade pool:

LNIB Trijicon ReapIR 60mm V2. Trade Value $8500.

I believe it’s still under factory warranty, but will have to confirm. Great TWS, but think I prefer the Halo-LR (but really prefer clip-ons).

UPDATE: 21-SEPT-2020

Humpty Bumpty!

Sent my 27 to Sure Shot for WP retube and Cerakote. Once that returns, I’ll likely be keeping it.

PVS-24/M2124/CNVD (non-LR) is GONE!
    Beater MAWL is GONE!
    BOTH NIB MAWL(s) in either FDE or Limited Edition ODG are still AVAILABLE.
    ATN Thor HD 640 5x 100mm Thermal is AVAILABLE.
    20Km .MIL LRF is AVAILABLE.

ADDED: Like New L3 LWTS-LR under L3 factory warranty until OCT 2020! GONE! (Traded for this!)

View attachment 7429240

One more item I’m adding to the trade pool:

LNIB Trijicon ReapIR 60mm V2. Trade Value $8500.

I believe it’s still under factory warranty, but will have to confirm. Great TWS, but think I prefer the Halo-LR (but really prefer clip-ons).
    I just picked up a REAP IR v2 60mm... Horta, why don't you like it? Should I send mine back. Why do you like the Halo-LR more? Should I just get rid of everything and trade for UTC-ii? Use it for a spotter too? So confusing, but I want to get it right.

your word is gospel, let me know.

Utc no good as spotter

Get UTCxii plus StalkIR or IRpatrol or SkeetIR for spotter use

Thread Necromancer extreme here, but just found this thread! Just PM’d you @TheHorta …hoping you still have the ODG MAWL-C1+ available.

Was about to order a black one, or maybe take a step or three down to get an ODG Designate IR-V because it’s going on my ODG rifle, and ya know, gotta be all matchy-match when popping pigs with a gun named ‘Kermit’.

Then saw BE Meyers made a MAWL in ODG, but I’m a couple years too late to that party…. Hoping to find one in good shape.