• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD WTT - Mil Spec Tano ATACR for Mil Spec Schmidt PSR

Werk125

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2019
Charlotte, NC
I have a spare 7-35 tano mil spec ATACR (QR code, etc) and mil spec mount that I’m willing to trade for a Schmidt 5-25 PSR with an intact QR code / markings. Depending on the condition of the Schmidt, and whether a mount is included (ideally I’m looking for OPS rings or unimount), it can be a direct swap or +/- some cash.

I’m only interested in trades at this time. Must be a well established member.

PM me with any questions and/or for additional pictures. Thanks.

B4F9A107-807E-4115-91C6-9739797C1B4E.jpeg

Reactions: AntKnee
Bump. I have a couple of leads on the Schmidt I’m after, so I’m willing to sell this for cash instead (the trade described above still stands, as well as for a PVS 27 or 30).

If you’re interested send a PM with an offer. The civ version of this setup retails at ~$4550 before tax, so I’d like to get something in the mid 5’s. Other than buying an mk22 and pulling this off I don’t think you’ll find it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BurtG
Buyer changed their mind. Back up for sale / trade.

I’ve had several questions about the optic and mount so I’ll do my best to layout what I know…

This was taken off of a Barrett MK22 purchased from EO. The mount has mil spec written underneath, so that’s straight forward.

The ATACR is where it gets interesting…

What I’ve noted is different compared to a picture of an issued optic are two items: 1) This has a normal turret rather than the beast turret, and 2) the markings on the scope bell are partially complete. #1 is easy to see but for #2 the layout, QR code, and cage # are an exact match to an issued optic; however, the NSN and a couple of other numbers / words are missing or not populated. I was lucky enough to have a picture of the markings from an issued optic shared with me to help identify those nuances.

Now to my hypothesis… What’s interesting is the manufacture date on this optic pre-dates the picture I have of an issued optic. While that may be a coincidence, it could point to two variations that were made for eval early on. Obviously the beast turret prevailed, and that would help to explain why this 1) never received an NSN and 2) was released for civ purchase on the mk22s (think of it as an overrun). If that’s the case, it’s also likely not a coincidence that this version appears to be drying up on newly released mk22s.

I could be completely wrong, and this is just some Frankensteined scope made specifically for the civilian market, but that’s my running hypothesis.

If anyone knows someone, who knows someone, who knows the back story behind these optics I’d be really interested in finding out how they came to be.

These were specifically released for the civilian purchase mk22s to keep the “cloner” appearance while not being a true SU series socom program optic 👍🏼

Reactions: Werk125