• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s WW2 Sub Found

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman

In the murky waters of the Strait of Malacca, about 90 miles south of Phuket, Thailand, four divers discovered a World War II submarine that was scuttled 77 years ago, now teeming with marine life.

The wreckage, believed to be the USS Grenadier, was located last October by divers Jean Luc Rivoire, Lance Horowitz, Benoit Laborie and Ben Reymenants, the team announced this month.

Over the subsequent six months, the men — one of whom, Reymenants, assisted in the 2018 rescue of the boys’ soccer team that was trapped in a cave in northern Thailand — completed six carefully planned dives to study and identify the submarine, Horowitz, 36, said Friday from Phuket.

Glad to see these ships (and in this case a boat) being found.

And here I thought this was nothing like how about some old Vet that likes to be tied up

That is a very cool find. Some friends and I spent a lot of time and money searching for things like this off the SC coast. We didn't find what we were looking for, but found a few other things that are interesting. Congrats to the Thailand team. I hope their find has not been looted by others and they found what's needed to positively identify the wreck