• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos WWI 1917

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
Another early and interesting shot. Remember cameras themselves would have been a relatively new invention. Packing one up above these subjects would have been quite alot of effort.

Re: WWI 1917

Research, web, reading, friends and alot of good luck! If it looks like folks like them, I'll continue. You never know with this group. Don't want to piss anybody off by not posting new sticks and stuff.

Amazing pictures. Thanks for posting them.

They would have been cooler though if there were some sweet NF scopes mounted on their rifles.

Totally kidding.

Cheers

Rolling Thunder, I sent you the PM because a guy responsible for Rolling Thunder was a VietNam USMC scout sniper. If you just use the logo, that's cool. It is the way of this world.

"Rolling Thunder was terminated as a strategic failure in late 1968 having achieved none of its objectives."

Yea, that about sums up my 60's

sorry. It was the logo. One of ours is responsible for 150 spots in the ride each year. His girl runs the magazine. He did 13 months with 7th Marines in 1968 and then another 12 with 1st Recon in 69. I thought that since you used the logo you were he and that you were advertising here. Apologies.

I am guilty of being overprotective of something that has become so commercial that I need not even care anymore.

On Monday, I am ending my efforts.