• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns WWII 1911 Magazine ID Help Needed

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
I have a a number of 1911 magazines that I am trying to id and value. The first pic is of four mags that I am 99% sure are WWII. One Scovill
One Little and One Risdon. The fourth, with the more oxidized parkerizing has no markings at all.

All four in the second pic look the exact same. Unmarked with two deep spot welds holding the baseplate on.

Finally, i have two mag pouches marked S. Froehlich Co 1943.

What do I have here?

Last edited:
Thanks. That article is what got me this far. Mainly trying to figure out the 4 mags with the serious spot welds.

Thanks. That article is what got me this far. Mainly trying to figure out the 4 mags with the serious spot welds.

Can't tell you what they are, but I can tell you what they aren't.

All WW2 contract magazines will be maker marked on the base lip with the exception of Singer and Colt. However, Singer magazines will have deeply swedged pins, not spot welds. Colt Magazines will be pinned. Singer Magazines will have straight rear seams. Colt's will have no seam.

Note, in 1942 Colt did use a small lot of commercial magazines and these are marked.

Thanks trigger. The first picture is of what I think are spot welds although the very well could be swedged. The second is a pic of the same area of the othe fifth unmarked mag. Could you describe the location of the rear seam or lack thereof? Thanks for the assist.

Those look like some contract 1958 magazines I've unwrapped. They are worth more (as a selling point) if you bundle them with the carriers.

Good luck.

WWI 1911's and accoutrements were my specific area of focus. The WW2 stuff was just trading fodder for me.

Part of my collection before the great divorce of 2010...