• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes WWll Zeiss Zielvier?

Independent

Independent
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2006
Denver, Colorado
I have a Zeiss Zielvier with the German post. SN: 53266

I know very little about this scope. I do know for something so old it has ridiculously clear optics.

I am trying to find out if this is pre war and if there is a data base or if anyone knows how to tell if it was used on a K98 as a German sniper scope either by serial number or other indicators.

any help would be great thank you

Unfortunately, your scope "Zielvier" which translates to "Target 4" cannot be dated. Zeiss lost their production numbers so it is pretty much a guess determining what year produced and who used it. Maybe you can look through old German Sniper photographs to determine if it was used that way. I just typed "German Sniper photos" and got a bunch.

I believe the designation given that scope was ZF39. Does it have a BDC?

It does not have a BDC. It has the dial with the set screw and three post reticle. It came if an Remington made Enfield sporterized rifle.

It does not have a BDC. It has the dial with the set screw and three post reticle. It came if an Remington made Enfield sporterized rifle.

I think he means the BDC range settings on the outside ring of the dial.

Some had them and some, like mine, had a solid ring that was either once painted or bare with hash marks scratched into it.

Understood. The elevation dial is plain no numbers indicated either on top or on the side. I will check out Gunbaords.com. thank you. I have no intention of putting together a K98 sniper so eventually this will be up for sale just want to know what I have first.