• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wyoming ranch land for sale

JeffLebowski

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
VA
***Please note that I got prior approval to post this from lowlight.***

My father is selling a 2,000 acre chunk of our family ranch near Douglas WY in order to cover expenses related to my combat veteran 8541 and 8542 brother committing suicide as he left behind a wife and toddler daughter and had no life insurance.

This is undeveloped land, just roads and cattle fencing, but of course you can build what you want on it, and there’s even high speed internet. It’s great hunting and you can lease grazing rights to the neighbors to defray your costs and get a tax break. The price should be $950,000; the realtor needs to change that, sorry. The way this is set up, there is no subdividing, sorry.

Last edited:

My father is selling a 2,000 acre chunk of our family ranch near Douglas WY in order to cover expenses related to my combat veteran 8541 and 8542 brother committing suicide as he left behind a wife and toddler daughter and had no life insurance.

This is undeveloped land, just roads and cattle fencing, but of course you can build what you want on it, and there’s even high speed internet. It’s great hunting and you can lease grazing rights to the neighbors to defray your costs and get a tax break. The price should be $950,000; the realtor needs to change that, sorry.

Less than $500 per acre is a steal for any land out there (other than a toxic waste dump). I wish a had a Million laying around.

BTW: After searching high and low for 4 years in MT, I moved to Western NC because all we could find in MT was either overpriced 20ac plots with 2 pages of covenants/restrictions or "gentlemen ranches" for 1 Mil+

Last edited:
Sorry for the loss of your brother. RIP, sir. Please extend that to your Father.

Im jealous of whoever gets this beautiful place. I see there is already a stock well. How is the water table in that area? Best of luck with the sale and I hope someone who will really appreciate it gets it and not some Hollywood flake.

Maggot out.

Sorry for the loss of your brother. RIP, sir. Please extend that to your Father.

Im jealous of whoever gets this beautiful place. I see there is already a stock well. How is the water table in that area? Best of luck with the sale and I hope someone who will really appreciate it gets it and not some Hollywood flake.

Maggot out.
There‘s artesian water, wells aren’t a problem, but if you’re not from the west, you’ll want a water filter/softener.

Reactions: TACC
Yup, Id be down for 100-200 acres. Let subdivide this up fellas, hahaha.

Don't come in here and sub divide the land. You want to secure it for hunting, living on, grazing,.... The rancher doesn't need to have a few hundered people living near him. Put some restrictions on the sale JEFF. Sorry for your families loss. Protect them.

Don't come in here and sub divide the land. You want to secure it for hunting, living on, grazing,.... The rancher doesn't need to have a few hundered people living near him. Put some restrictions on the sale JEFF. Sorry for your families loss. Protect them.
That was already done, long ago.

This is undeveloped land, just roads and cattle fencing, but of course you can build what you want on it, and there’s even high speed internet. It’s great hunting and you can lease grazing rights to the neighbors to defray your costs and get a tax break. The price should be $950,000; the realtor needs to change that, sorry. The way this is set up, there is no subdividing, sorry.

PM sent

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Beautiful land, looks nearly ideal. Very sorry to hear about your brother, thats a terrible thing all the way around, especially for those he left behind.

Out of curiosity, I looked, but couldn't find anything on the Niobrara County website, and they don't even have a building department listed?

If no building permit requirements, this would be an ideal place to build your dream ... fill in the blank, without local govt getting into your business.

Wish I had the money, but I already have my little slice of Heaven.

Sorry about your loss. Good luck with the sale. Hopefully the person who buys it isn't a big city liberal.

Out of curiosity, I looked, but couldn't find anything on the Niobrara County website, and they don't even have a building department listed?

If no building permit requirements, this would be an ideal place to build your dream ... fill in the blank, without local govt getting into your business.

Wish I had the money, but I already have my little slice of Heaven.

Sorry about your loss. Good luck with the sale. Hopefully the person who buys it isn't a big city liberal.
Yeah, I reside in NW Wyoming in a fairly well developed County. We have a few restrictions on building, but the county next to us has none. You can build and do about anything you want without any government interference in Big Horn County. The down-side of that is that a neighbor might build an eye-sore. The key is a big enough piece of property that you are "Socially Distanced" from any trailer trash neighbors...

I to, hope that a big city libtard doesn't buy it and bring his way of thinking to WY...

Good luck with the sale and condolences to you and yours.

Interested. What I'd do with it, I don't know. But it inspired me.

Sorry for the loss of your brother may he RIP. I've been out there several times, beautiful land , but one should know, you have to enjoy the wind if u live in Wyoming. I used to have a friend that ranched out there, as he told me, it blows like hell 9 months of the year, and just blows the other 3 :)

42FF71D6-890B-43E7-89FE-117B8104819F.jpeg

If I had a million dollars... Unfortunately I’m just a working man with kids and shit. Listing says Lance Creek, if so that’s way better than Douglas AO, unless you’re looking for the mineral rights of course. I can’t drive through Lance Creek without seeing at least a dozen Mulies minimum

I’m very sorry about your brother, I don’t keep in touch with the HOG community like I did before I dumped Facebook, so I never heard about losing another one of us. I hope all can find peace at some point.

S/F

If I had a million dollars... Unfortunately I’m just a working man with kids and shit. Listing says Lance Creek, if so that’s way better than Douglas AO, unless you’re looking for the mineral rights of course. I can’t drive through Lance Creek without seeing at least a dozen Mulies minimum

I’m very sorry about your brother, I don’t keep in touch with the HOG community like I did before I dumped Facebook, so I never heard about losing another one of us. I hope all can find peace at some point.

S/F

You are correct on the Lance Creek part and the mulies, I'll post a pic of my last buck.

I appreciate the kinds words from you and everyone else in this thread.

Reactions: Lesch and Redmanss
Here’s my brother’s award citation:

Summary Action: Corporal Shepperson deployed as a Team Leader, Sniper Platoon, 3d Battalion, 1st Marines in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM II from 19 June 2004 to 11 January 2005. His technical and tactical knowledge of all facets of sniping far outpaced that of his peers. Corporal Shepperson has truly mastered his military occupational specialty and serves as the example of a Marine Scout Sniper to be emulated. Although junior in rank, Corporal Shepperson's input was sought out and highly influential in the planning and execution of countless reconnaissance and surveillance (R&S), counter-improvised explosive device (IED), counter-mortar, clandestine, and urban combat operations prior to the assault on the enemy stronghold City of Fallujah. Corporal Shepperson was in receipt of IDP during this period.

As the Team Leader, Corporal Shepperson excelled in his duties with minimal supervision. Corporal Shepperson was consistently entrusted to plan, coordinate, execute, and supervise independent reconnaissance and surveillance, raid support, and precision fire operations. Often operating far from friendly lines in a hostile environment, Corporal Shepperson's command of his Scout Sniper Team has instilled a high regard for their attention to detail and outstanding work ethic while executing assigned missions. As a testament to his success as a leader, Corporal Shepperson has led his Scout Sniper Team on over 100 combat missions during this deployment without enemy compromise.

Corporal Shepperson's performance during high intensity urban combat operations in support of Operation AL FAJR, the Battle for Fallujah, was heroic and exemplary:

On 9 November, the Battalion commenced offensive combat operations into the enemy stronghold City of Fallujah. Corporal Shepperson and his two-man Scout Sniper Team were attached in support of 2d Platoon, Company I, as they cleared south through their assigned sector. Occupying a rooftop in order to provide overwatch and supportive precision fires, Corporal Shepperson's team observed a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) team maneuvering 450 yards down an adjacent alleyway. The Scout Sniper Team also observed a M1A1 tank 200 yards down the same alleyway, but with its turret oriented away from the maneuvering RPG team. Corporal Shepperson immediately engaged and eliminated two of the three enemy insurgents in the RPG team. Corporal Shepperson's actions directly contributed to a weakened enemy and potentially prevented loss of friendly personnel and equipment.

Later that day, Corporal Shepperson occupied an overwatch position from which he could support the Company with precision fires and achieve a commanding position from which to coordinate, direct, control, and adjust supporting indirect fires. As the Company reached Main Supply Route (MSR) Elizabeth, they were ambushed and pinned down by enemy RPG, sniper, and mortar fire. Despite being under direct RPG, and small arms fire, and proximity mortar fire, Corporal Shepperson identified an enemy sniper firing from a mosque 450 meters from his position. With a skillfully placed shot to the head from his SR-25 sniper rifle, Corporal Shepperson eliminated the sniper threat, directly contributing to the platoon's ability to medically evacuate casualties, reorganize, and continue its offensive clearing operations south.

On 10 November, Corporal Shepperson positioned his two-man Scout Sniper Team to cover the exposed eastern flank of Company I as they pushed south through Fallujah. Occupying the roof of a building to establish an overwatch position for the advancing Company, they began to take heavy small arms fire, temporarily pinning down the Scout Sniper Team. As rounds impacted all around them, the two-man team returned fire. While the team's squad automatic weapon (SAW) gunner suppressed an insurgent firing at them with an RPK machine gun, Corporal Shepperson skillfully eliminated another target firing an AK-47 rifle at them with a single, well-placed shot to the chest. With rounds from the RPK continuing to impact around their position, the two Marines repositioned themselves on the roof and coordinated suppression from the SAW, coupled with precision fires from Corporal Shepperson's sniper rifle. Despite having a round ricochet off his helmet, Corporal Shepperson, with great skill and presence of mind, eliminated the insurgent with a single, well-placed shot, effectively eliminating the threat to the two-man team and advancing Company I.

On 13 November, while supporting 2d Platoon, Company I, in its assault south through Fallujah, Corporal Shepperson occupied a rooftop overwatch position to provide precision fires for each of the two squads moving through the block of houses on either side of his position. From his position, Corporal Shepperson observed a five-man RPG team moving from a house and into a back alley, attempting to maneuver on the advancing platoon. Simultaneously, Corporal Shepperson heard radio traffic from one of the squads stating that the area Corporal Shepperson had just observed activity in was secure. Recognizing the situation's potential danger, Corporal Shepperson contacted the platoon commander, reported the insurgent activity, and then tactically guided the squad to attack the house the insurgents had occupied while continuing to provide supporting overwatch. As a result of Corporal Shepperson's presence of mind, six insurgents - two with RPG launchers - were eliminated. Corporal Shepperson's actions undoubtedly prevented the platoon from bypassing the alley, which would have left the Company's rear exposed to RPG attacks.

While occupying an observation post forward of Company I's defense on 14 November, Corporal Shepperson identified an insurgent rally point in the southwestern corner of Queens. Corporal Shepperson maneuvered his Scout Sniper Team into a position from which they could engage the insurgents. At 550 yards, Corporal Shepperson eliminated three of the four insurgents with well-placed shots to the head. Utilizing available indirect fire assets, Corporal Shepperson directed and adjusted mortar fires onto the target, destroying the bunkered position and killing the fourth insurgent.

On 1 December, Company I was tasked with establishing a screenline along Phase Line Henry in southern Queens in order to identify and eliminate enemy insurgents attempting to infiltrate from 1st Battalion, 8th Marines' sector into Company I's sector. After two days of observation, Corporal Shepperson and his team observed a friendly logistics train broken down along Phase Line Henry. After an hour of providing overwatch for the halted convoy, Corporal Shepperson observed two armed insurgents attempting to maneuver into an ambush position to engage the Marines. After multiple attempts to contact the logistics train via radio and inform them of the situation, Corporal Shepperson engaged and killed both insurgents, eliminating the threat. Corporal Shepperson's initiative in the absence of specific direction undoubtedly prevented the enemy from inflicting casualties on friendly forces.

During the Battalion's final push south through Queens, Corporal Shepperson observed five armed insurgents attempting to occupy a fighting position in a courtyard. With little more than inches available as a shooting lane, Corporal Shepperson engaged and killed three of the five insurgents at a distance of more than 300 meters, as they ran past the narrow opening. Shortly thereafter, the platoon Corporal Shepperson was supporting radioed him reporting that they had seen an insurgent run into a house and asked if he had positive observation. Carefully searching, Corporal Shepperson was able to acquire the enemy through a three-inch crack in the wall. With one skillfully placed shot, Corporal Shepperson eliminated the insurgent with a single round to the head. Later inspection revealed that the insurgent had barricaded himself inside the house and was preparing to fight any Marines entering the building to the death. Corporal Shepperson's proficiency undoubtedly again prevented the enemy from inflicting casualties on friendly forces.

Although wounded early during combat operations, Corporal Shepperson's enduring combat leadership, relentless offensive spirit, effectiveness under fire, and dedication to duty directly contributed 18 confirmed dead enemy combatants. He is extremely deserving and enthusiastically recommended for the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal with combat "V".

The Combat Distinguishing Device is authorized.

Recommended Citation:
HEROIC SERVICE WHILE SERVING AS SCOUT SNIPER TEAM LEADER, 3D BATTALION, 1ST MARINES, REGIMENTAL COMBAT TEAM 1, 1ST MARINE DIVISION IN SUPPORT OF OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM II FROM 19 JUNE 2004 TO 11 JANUARY 2005. DURING HIGH INTENSITY URBAN COMBAT OPERATIONS IN THE CITY OF FALLUJAH ON 10 NOVEMBER, CORPORAL SHEPPERSON POSITIONED HIS TWO-MAN SCOUT SNIPER TEAM TO COVER THE EASTERN FLANK OF INDIA COMPANY AS THEY ATTACKED SOUTH. OCCUPYING A ROOFTOP OVERWATCH POSITION FOR THE ADVANCING COMPANY, THEY BEGAN TO TAKE HEAVY SMALL ARMS FIRE. AS ROUNDS IMPACTED ALL AROUND THEM, THE TWO-MAN TEAM RETURNED FIRE. HE SKILLFULLY ELIMINATED AN INSURGENT FIRING AN AK-47 RIFLE AT THEM WITH A SINGLE, WELL-PLACED SHOT TO THE CHEST. WITH ROUNDS FROM AN RPK MACHINE GUN CONTINUING TO IMPACT AROUND THEIR POSITION, AND DESPITE HAVING A ROUND RICOCHET OFF HIS HELMET, CORPORAL SHEPPERSON, WITH GREAT SKILL, ELIMINATED THE MACHINE GUNNER WITH A SINGLE, WELL-PLACED SHOT, EFFECTIVELY ELIMINATING THE THREAT TO THE TWO-MAN TEAM AND HIS COMPANY. CORPORAL SHEPPERSON'S INITIATIVE, PERSEVERANCE, AND TOTAL DEDICATION TO DUTY REFLECTED CREDIT UPON HIM AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE MARINE CORPS AND THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.

Hell, if it was split between a few Hiders, I might have to pull some retirement cash out of the C.U. and buy a piece. Just worried, if I did that, .gov would come and take it, once Commieizm takes hold and calls it "Public Goods", Comrade. (Insert sarcasm here). Mac

Sorry to hear about your brother. And that is a beautiful piece of God's creation! I hope it goes to a good home, because Lord knows I don't have anywhere close to a million laying around lol.