• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

X-Mark Pro Trigger on Remington's 5R

elkaholic3428

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2012
Williston, ND
How are the X-Mark Pro Triggers that come on the 5R? Is it pretty simple to adjust? Is it better than Remington's 40-X trigger? Or is there an even better trigger on the market to put on a Remington that would be anywhere from 2-3.5 pounds? Thanks for the info.

Re: X-Mark Pro Trigger on Remington's 5R

Some to look at are Timney, Jewell, Shilen, Rifle Basix. Thats just a few off the top of my head.

Theres instructions some place or the xmark trigger although any gunsmith can adjust them.

Good luck

I personaly hate the X-Mark Pro trigger.
It was replaced with a Timney. Best move ever.

101_2866-1-1.jpg

I think it depends on what you happen to end up with for the trigger and how happy you will be with it. IMO its pretty much the same trigger they always had BUT in order to make it user adjustable (by the average joe)the 2 other adjustments have a ton of epoxy over them. the one I had was acceptable with just lowering the pull weight screw, BUT it will never be what a gunsmith tuned trigger will be when a gunsmith has access to the other screws like on the older style trigger. SOOO in summary I would try it and seen what you end up with after adjusting the pull screw, if it doesn't work for you get a jewel or an old style trigger and have it tuned. so the answer is maybe.

BTW alot of guys think a remington trigger cannont be tuned well or that a jewel is a ton better. that is hooey my best remington factory trigger is just as good as my jewel.

I think I got semi-lucky with mine. It breaks well, it's consistent, and the adjustment is positive.

I like it. I do not like how the adjustment screw is on the front of the trigger however. It will get replaced eventually, but it works fine for now.

Im happy with my factory trigger on my SPS700. I lowered it from the factory 3lbs. And I dont think Ill get an aftermarket trigger.

MIne wouldn't adjust, it broke clean at four pounds but didn't change when I adjusted it so I bought a Jewell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MIne wouldn't adjust, it broke clean at four pounds but didn't change when I adjusted it so I bought a Jewell. </div></div>

I had a similar experience. Out of the box it was 9 pounds! Not the weight of the rifle, the trigger pull. I had a very knowledgable friend try and adjust it down and the best he could get was 5.5 to 6 lbs.

I went with a Timney. It has been a great, reliable, crisp 2.5lb trigger.

You can sell your X-Mark Pro for $70 on ebay, and buy a Huber Concepts ball bearing trigger for $225 with the SH discount.

The ball bearing trigger has so little friction, that it feels lighter than a conventional trigger.

I took off the x-mark and put it in the blender. It was pulling at 7.5 lbs! Then I installed a Timney 510 and my groups tightened up considerably.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can sell your X-Mark Pro for $70 on ebay, and buy a Huber Concepts ball bearing trigger for $225 with the SH discount.

The ball bearing trigger has so little friction, that it feels lighter than a conventional trigger. </div></div>

Even if I could get $70 for it on ebay I wouldn't want to ruin my feedback for selling a jacked up component to somebody
smile.gif

I didn't know there was a SH discount with the Huber trigger... Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personaly hate the X-Mark Pro trigger.
It was replaced with a Timney. Best move ever.

101_2866-1-1.jpg
</div></div>

Amen! I did the same thing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DerMeister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I got semi-lucky with mine. It breaks well, it's consistent, and the adjustment is positive.

I like it. I do not like how the adjustment screw is on the front of the trigger however. It will get replaced eventually, but it works fine for now. </div></div>

my situation also to the T.

Mine isn't to bad (could be way better).

They deffinitely don't adjust to the advertised poundages. Mine adjusts down to 4 lbs at the lowest setting. Had to be around 7 when I first got the rifle.

I never checked mine, but it went from pretty much on safety to ridiculously hard to squeeze. The old (never touched) trigger on my 1993 vintage .270 is INFINITELY better. That was until I got my Rifle Basix. It is worlds better than the X-mark. Basically identical to the old style factory trigger, and it came pre-set at 2 pounds, adjustable down to 1.5. It feels great where it's at.

I got my 5R in and I checked the trigger and it was a touch over 7 pounds! So I ended threading the screw out multiple times and checking it and I finally took the screw out. The lowest the X-Mark would go is just barely under 4 pounds! So I'm gonna put a new trigger on the list asap.

Mine wouldn't adjust either. I bought a Timney. Mine was inconsistant, and you never knew when it would break.

you can send it to a smith and they can get them to work really descent,but..... thats about it. I finally got the 510 Timmney and wished I would of got one to began with.

To adjust the x mark pro, you turn the screw in the face of the trigger. Not exactly rocket surgery.

I adjusted mine to 3.5 lbs. It broke clean and seemed to work fine, but I didn't like the narrow, smooth trigger shoe. I replaced it with an original 700 trigger, also tuned to 3.5 lbs.

If you get one that will adjust down to 3 lbs (IF), don't go below 3 lbs. They become very inconsistent below that weight.