• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

x mark pro trigger

Re: x mark pro trigger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spaco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do i get the lightest pull from my x mark pro system?
if i take the screw all the way out will that be best?
cheers
spaco </div></div>
You can turn that screw til yur blue in the face, it wont matter, it never seems to change for me, I sent mine(FREE) to a some guy in PA and I bought a Jewell, couldnt be happier, X Mark pro triggers suck!

I had several experienced people try to adjust my XmarkPro trigger and they were never able to get it below 5lbs. That was three years ago, maybe someone has figured out the trick now

I bought a Timney as a replacement.

I just bought my first Timney and have 50 rounds threw it. Very nice trigger. I have a Jewell and they are in different leagues of there own. If you can get a Jewell get it! But if you are tight on budget get the Timney. The only thing I wish I had done was order threw the factory and get the smaller trigger shoe.

For the x mark, Trash it. I have fiddled with it to the point I rather order a new Timney than fuss with a x mark again.

You have to adjust all 4 screws, which voids warranty, but it's a POS trigger anyways. If you do it right, you'll get it down to ~3-lbs, but it's not always consistent.

Anyhow, this worked for me but I still replaced it with a Huber and couldn't be happier. With the rifle completely unloaded & barreled action taken out of the stock:

- Start with the bolt open...
- Loosen (1) and (2) a bunch without removing them until the trigger feels really sloppy
- Now slowly re-tighten (1) and (2) while depressing & releasing the trigger gently; goal is for no slop & the trigger springs to reliably reset it back to default position. You'll feel how trigger pull weight increases as these two are tightened. The trigger doesn't have to "spring" back strongly, it just needs to go back on it's own reliably.
- When that's done, close the bolt...
- Slowly loosen (3) and observe thru the small round hold as the sear contact backs off & the firing pin drops on it's own -- this is just past the safety limit and if you open/close the bolt, it will slamfire
- Re-tighten (3) about 1/4 turn
- Tighten the over-travel screw (4) until it just makes contact as you look through the square hole, then barely back it off

If done right, this will set the trigger very close to the minimum safely level. There should be no slop or creep, and trigger break should be very crisp. Tweak the screws a little here and there to get it to feel how you want.

You may have to redo the entire process a few times to learn exactly what you're doing. When you think it's exactly where you want it, do all the safety tests like running the bolt hard to test for slamfires, engage the trigger with partial weight & lift the bolt to make sure it doesn't go off, bounce & bump the rifle with the bolt closed, etc. Then put a drop of loctite or clear nail polish on each screw so they stay put.

XMARK.jpg

I had mine adjusted by a local gunsmith. My trigger pull is at 1.5 and I have not had any issue with it.

My first one on my sendero adjusted up and down, but when I got it set where I wanted it, it would drop the firing pin when I closed the bolt. didn't trust the trigger after that so I just replaced it with a timney. The xmark in my AAC-SD adjusted down somewhat, but not as far as I wanted. Didn't have the firing pin dropping like I did with the other one so I took a little longer to replace it. I much prefer the timney trigger shoe anyway so it was only a matter of time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FastRabbit24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had mine adjusted by a local gunsmith. My trigger pull is at 1.5 and I have not had any issue with it. </div></div>

You're lucky man! All of my mods started with the trigger... so after I bought the trigger I couldn't just stop there and probably added something to my gun every two months after that. Your gunsmith just saved you like $2000
laugh.gif

I have two 700s that each have an X-Mark trigger. I couldn't notice much of a difference when adjusting just the outside screw either. I would like to get a Timney for them sometime. I have an old 700 that was turned into a sleeved benchrest gun that my grandfaher had built and it has a Jewel set to 1.5 oz. It is an amazing trigger. I would love to have a pair for my other 700s (more like 2 or 3 lbs for those) but the Timneys are a lot less costly and would suit me just fine. I only shoot for fun. No competition or anything like that.

Glad to know other folks can't get their XMP trigger to adjust. I thought I was freakin nuts. It won't do anything....I thought "I can rebuild an engine, but I can't get this damn trigger to adjust....I must be an idiot." It's going in the trash!

Got mine down to a clean 3lb just with the screw in the trigger . I would go lower but I'm not the only one shooting this stick. My other comp rifle is at 1 lb.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spaco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do i get the lightest pull from my x mark pro system?
if i take the screw all the way out will that be best?
cheers
spaco </div></div>

like the above post says: trash it and buy a trigger that is designed to function with a light pull

the x mark is explicitly intended by rem to NOT function with a light pull
the 40 x is remingtons target trigger

The lightest pull normally occurs with the adjusting screw backed out enough to bury itself in your finger.

Thankfully, Remington doesn't make office chairs.

Good God...I thought it was just me. I have that screw backed almost all the way out and I cant tell damnable difference. Now there is just a screw in the way. After I pay off the AICS 2.0...a new trigger is forthcoming

Timney is inbound for my stick as well. X-Mark's the spot...right in the bottm of the trash can.

Mine would not adjust, replaced it with a Timney.

Another trigger to consider is the Shilen. I've had both the Timney and Shilen and prefer the Shilen. It's just a matter of preference.

I didn't really bother to adjust mine, because as long as the pull is consistent, the weight (within reason) is in a distant second place. It matters not what the brand name is.

The two X-Mark Pros that I have owned would not break consistently, even for a man made mechanical device (meaning that I expect a little variance, but these two broke many ounces apart every time).

I quickly replaced them with Timney 510s and was satisfied. If the X-Marks had broken consistently at 4 lbs, they would still be on the rifle, but they did not.

I think you are chasing the unicorn, and getting the lightest trigger pull possible is nonsense to me. I have shot a couple of benchrest rigs with Jewells dialed down to the ounces, and that is worthless to me.