• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

"X" MOA Rifle - clarify please

picone

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2006
So Cal
Just so I'm clear -

1 minute of angle group translates to a 1" diameter group at 100 yards, measuring from center of hole to center of hole at the outmost shots...right? OK, actually 1.0471975807331" diameter but this has nothing to do with my question. Speaking strictly about the accuracy of the said "1 MOA" rifle, it is putting out 1/2MOA since the shot can go to either side of the direct line of fire...right? In other words, it only deviates 1/2MOA from the straight path.

SOOOOOO - Working backwards, if a particular rifle can AT BEST produce a 1" group at 100 yards, can a rifle manufacturer state that his/her rifle is 1/2 MOA accurate?

Re: "X" MOA Rifle - clarify please

nope..if the builder cant show a group that overall is 1/2 moa then it can not be called 1/2 moa. The measurement is of the overall group not just from the center line.

Re: "X" MOA Rifle - clarify please

As I remember, BR groups are measured center to center of the extreme spread. This is easiest to measure by measuring the extreme spread and subtracting the caliber. So if the extreme spread of your group was say .808 inches at 100 yards then the center to center would be .5 inches. You would need to know how they are measuring their group size.