• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing XCR barrel taper?

E.Shell

Minuteman
Feb 14, 2005
Maryland
Can anyone tell me the taper used on the XCR tactical? Looked like a 5.5 like the PSS, but I haven't seen both together...

TIA, Ed

Re: XCR barrel taper?

my XCR Compact Tactical has the Remington Varmint barrel profile

What ## is the Varmit Barrel Profile. I bought a McMillan HTG with #7 Contoured channel and until I can get a Custom barrel for it I will be using the Remmy 700 Compact Tactical .308 action and barrel.

I have the LR tactical XCR, its going to be a regular Varmint profile. The A-5 it is in was inletted for Rem 700 SA Badger M4 bottom and Varmint Barrel channel. Fits like a glove.

IMG_42981.JPG

Hi Poke,

Nice Rifles. Is the black coating on the bottom rifle from factory or aftermarket? I'm trying to choose between Duracoat or IonBond/Balinite 1500 for my new rifle.

thanks

Chris

The XCR LR is a stainless rifle, but Remy coats em with something or another, its a pretty nice finish and does not seem like a paint.