• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

xd or xdm

Atti_Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
TX
I'm planing to buy my first semi auto hand gun. I tried the glock, and I hated . It is a most uncomfortable gun I ever shoot with it. Taurus ... joke, jammed 7 times of 10. m&p was nice, but the most comfortable was the xdm. Is it worth to pay more for xdm, or just get the xd?
Any other good choices in same price range?

Re: xd or xdm

I forgot to mention, I'm only interested in .45 cal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Attila The Hun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I forgot to mention, I'm only interested in .45 cal. </div></div>

Not really sure why your set on .45 or polymer frames - to me if im going .45 its gotta be steel i.e 1911 or HKUSP / MK23 but im also a sucker for da/sa and am not a fan of striker fire pistols.

What is this pistol for? Home, carry, both? Budget?

If the extra features of the XDm are worth it to you they yeah, go for it, but either will out shoot the shooter.

If I had the money and needed a large caliber handgun i personally would go with the 475 linebaugh in the gun you want from freedom arms.

Have a few plain XD's, no XDM. Bought the Compact 45, and Sub Compact 40. Both shoot well, the 40 fits my hand better.
Nice thing about the both are the short mags for carry concealed, and either the 13 round 45 mag or the 12 round 40 mag in the glove box.
They both shoot great.

I love my XD40 sub-compact. I think it feels better in the hand than the Glock.

I have to agree though that if you want a .45 you should look into the 1911s instead. I just bought up a bunch of .45 at Wally-World so it's back on the shelves and cheap again (no more $1/shot crap) which makes it a viable option.

To carry , and shooting on the range. Target, combat. I was looking something lighter than steel, and felt very comfortable in my hand.

500grains, I tried the glock, and honestly I hated it. It is a most uncomfortable handgun I ever touched it. It was accurate , and never jammed , but felt like I'm holding a 2X4 .

Texagator!
It was a great read , thank You!
Lots of good info! Why you carry a .40 instead of .45?
I noticed a .40 has a snap , and a .45 had a bit less recoil. And has more "stopping power" .
I was thinking about a .40 , but I tried the .45 , and really liked it .

Thank You for the answer. I will shop around before I will decide. I have to try a 1911's
wink.gif

For your budget go with the XDM. If you go with a 1911 the guys here are going to tell you to save your pennies and spend well over $1,000 on a 1911...

I have a XDM (shoot IDPA with it and love it) and I've had two of the lower end (under $700) 1911's. I say had because they aren't worth keeping.

good point, I was thinking to get a Springfield Mil-Spec .45acp 1911. But, I really like the feel of xdm .45
I got a good deal for $650 with tax , so far the best price for the xdm

I still did not decide yet
smile.gif

I would like to know what is your opinion about S&W M&P .45, vs SIG p250 .45 vs xdm .45 ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Attila The Hun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still did not decide yet
smile.gif

I would like to know what is your opinion about S&W M&P .45, vs SIG p250 .45 vs xdm .45 ?</div></div>

You really couldn't go wrong with either of those options. Quality firearms at reasonable prices. The best way to answer this quesiton is get to a range where you can rent/borrow these and get a feel for them. Personal experience is the best way to solve this riddle.

I hated the Glock before as well, strange wrist position.

Someone confinced me to shoot about 500 rds through one.

I am now a certified Glock coolaid drinker.

(Drink it)