• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns XDm 45 competiton

corey4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2012
pittsburgh pa
i bought an XDm 45 competition about 2 months ago.

when i was at the range yesterday, i noticed that when i had the action open, and "slammed" a full mag in, the action automatically closed, loading a round, obviously. if i leisurely loaded a mag, the action would stay open.

is it supposed to do that? i am not complaining, i think it is a nice feature if it was designed to do that. i just want to make sure my gun ins't F-ed up. i only have about 500 rounds thru.

Re: XDm 45 competiton

it it not designed to do it, but lots will, if the mag is seated with authority.

I would not worry.

With my xdm, I just put the thumb of my firing hand on top of the slide release button, and when you slam in a new mag, the action closes. Sure makes for quick reloads.

i tried this over and over, and every time, it would close, only with a full mag though. so i was thinking there was a slide release that the top bullet would hit, with a certain amount of force, would release the slide. so i tried with only one bullet in the mag, and nothing. maybe there is a slide release when i have 2 loaded? the release being on a certain side?

tomorrow, i will try 2, just for shits and giggles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kgw43</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With my xdm, I just put the thumb of my firing hand on top of the slide release button, and when you slam in a new mag, the action closes. Sure makes for quick reloads. </div></div>

i was told by a dealer, on any weapon, to never use the slide release because of premature wear.

is this true?

he told me, with a loaded mag, to pull on the slide to release it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snp81076</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to have that feature for my comps. </div></div>

if it is designed to do it, its an awesome feature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: feersum dreadnot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it it not designed to do it, but lots will, if the mag is seated with authority.

I would not worry. </div></div>

what causes that to happen? can you elaborate?

My 1911 does it occasionally as well. I imagine the weight of a fully loaded mag seated with some authority is enough of an impulse to drop the slide release on its own.