• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors XDM .45?

Re: XDM .45?

There have been rumors since the 9mm XDM came out. Seems like a logical move, that IMO will happen more sooner than later, but I haven't seen any public announcement yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turnandshoot4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could go with the XD 45 tactical if you wanted one now. </div></div>

I would wait for shotshow. Recently they launched their 3.8 XDM, which hinted at other avenues opening.

I read that the grip size would be a challenge if they put more rounds in the 45 like they did on the 9mm and 40cal for the XDm.

You should email them. The had no problem telling me that the 9mm XDM would be available before that was public information.

don't count on it, sorry man, plus for a fighting pistol your better off with a regular XD as the XDm's were more for competition and matches, not that there bad pistols, but regular xd's are setup for more social encounters

In what way? My brother has an XD, I have an XDM, and I can't just can't find any reason I'd rather carry his than mine. More rounds, possibly more accurate, just as reliable- I'm not seeing the problem here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azerious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't count on it, sorry man, plus for a fighting pistol your better off with a regular XD as the XDm's were more for competition and matches, not that there bad pistols, but regular xd's are setup for more social encounters </div></div>

Could you please explain what you mean?

I'm lost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azerious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't count on it, sorry man, plus for a fighting pistol your better off with a regular XD as the XDm's were more for competition and matches, not that there bad pistols, but regular xd's are setup for more social encounters </div></div>

WTF kinda stupid ass comment is that?

Can you explain to me why I should carry a different gun than the one I compete with?

There's nothing I'd rather have on my waist than a gun that I know works if I got stuck in a "social" situation. So long as it runs, any gun I've ever shot in USPSA (Glock, Sig, S&W, Kimber, STI) would work fine in any situation in which I might find myself.

When working in Uniform I carry an XDm 40 most of the time. I have added the Fiber Optic/Night Sights to it. It shoots great. I shoot it monthly in our IDPA Style Match using lead bullet reloads. It works very close to 100% with them.
My son just shoots matches with his, and has an XDm in both 9mm and 40. He comes in at the top with regularity with either, but shoots the 40 a little better. I still like my 1911 Colt (With lots of custom tune up work)
I switch hit back and forth in matches between the XDm and 1911 and never miss a beat. I shoot the 1911 a little more accurate in combat matches, probably due to a hair better trigger pull.
We have a couple XD 45's shot in matches. I would have no problem with one of them either. They run nearly 100% also. I think the Rough Tread Grip on the XDm is probably better for serious work as you can probably hang on to it better when wet etc.
If I had an XD, I would probably put the grip tape on it and be happy with it as well. Either is a Great Weapon.

I just came from the Shot Show.The 45 XDM was not on display.I asked the Springfield rep,and she said they were told "2010".No one there could tell me anything,size,capacaty,finish,nothing.Even their new catalog just as a referance to it,no pic.