• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns XDm carry / night sights

Bryan W M

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2011
East KS
I have 2 questions id like your help on please.
1. Im 5ft 10in 150 pounds. My carry gun is a PPS with an in the waste band holster at 5 o clock it works great so id like to keep it close to that if possible. I would like to carry my full size xdm with out needing a jacket any ideas??

2. I had a PX4 with night sights i was happy with them.
Im looking for night sights that will glow like the px4 or better and that will take a hit or 10. ideas?? thank you for your time

Re: XDm carry / night sights

i carry my xdm 40 in a cheap knock-off of the supertuck @ 3-4 o'clock works well unless im just in a tee shirt! i think its a little bulky but it works !

thanks. any more carry ideas?? really would like some sight ideas??

I am 5'10" and 185lbs (not fat) and I find it almost impossible to keep the XDm from printing without at least a sweatshirt/jacket.

thanks boss. i was going to try a crossbreed for it but i just dont think it will work.

Anyone have ideas on night sights??

I like the meprolights because they don't float the front sight like a lot of other brands.

If you've never tried the XS night sights they are worth a look. I went with the standard size, not the big dot. The shallow "V" rear sight makes for a very quick sight picture. Only the front sight glows so the sight picture in low liight is not too cluttered.

Although these sights don't seem suitable for long range precision, there are some videos on youtube of someone from the XS company shooting tight groups at longer ranges with these sights.

When you guys are doing the sights in you xd or xdm are you having a smith do it using a sight tool or using a punch?? if a smith what are they charging?? if tool which one? thanks!!

I'd have a smith do it because I know of quite a few different guys who scratched their slides trying to get the old sights off.

I once carried an XD but eventually stopped and switched to a PPS because of the thickness of the XD made it very uncomfortable for all day carry, even in a high quality holster.

If you are really set on the XD you can wait for the new XDS that they released at the shot show. a thin single stack .45acp that looks really good.

thanks for the help!! im going to keep my pps .40 as my carry and have a smith put trijicon on the xdm for at home. thanks again!

Trijicon got them today went to gunsmith he says he cant do them on the xdm claims he has ti mill the front on out....

I havent thought much of this smith but he is the only one around that i know of. Its time to find a new guy!!!