• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns XDs after market night sights

drglock

Old fat guy
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Morrison,Oklahoma
    Wanting to swap out the factory sights on my XDs 45 to some night sights but having a hard time finding any. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tony

I highly suggest sending your entire pistol to the Springfield Custom Shop for their Carry Package (night sights and a trigger job $300), they also provide the shipping label. I sent my XD45 tactical in and now I have a sweet trigger and Heinies on mine all in less than two week turnaround.

XD sights are a bitch to get off.

Last edited:
    Make no mistake, the best advice is to send the pistol back to Springfield to have the sights replaced. However, I am one of those "I think I can do anything" type of guys and I did the job myself. Wheeler's brass punch set and hammer, a vise, and alot of force was used to remove the factory sights and install the new Tru-Glo TFOs. The factory sights are really hard to get off and the new ones were really hard to drive back into place. Mine came out perfectly, probably lots of luck involved. The internet is full of pictures of sight replacement jobs that went horrible.

There not to hard to get off with a set of brass punches (also need a vice) or a sight puller, did mine. Does help to put the slide in the freezer for at least a few hours.